Cant test on IOS device

Majora64

I was compiling to ios just fine the other day and now im getting a haxe error..what does that mean?

[LOG]     /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
[LOG] Haxe armv7 build CONFIG : Release-iphoneos
[LOG] haxe Build.hxml -D HXCPP_ARMV7 -cpp build/Release-iphoneos
[LOG] ../../../../Source/scripts/SceneEvents_16.hx:1: characters 0-1 : Unexpected <
[LOG] Behavior Name = SceneEvents_16
[LOG] Line Num = 1
[LOG] Cols = 0-1
[LOG] Msg =  Unexpected <
[LOG] make: *** [build-haxe-armv7] Error 1
[LOG] ** BUILD FAILED **
[LOG] Finished building for iOS (or errored out): 1
[LOG] The following build commands failed:
[LOG]    ExternalBuildToolExecution Build\ Haxe
[LOG] (1 failure)
[ERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
[LOG] Unexpected problem on thread Thread-39: null

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:52:27 am by mmmagicmmmike »

Majora64

Bump. anyone know?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:57:18 am by mmmagicmmmike »

Majora64

Someone please help me. I've searched the various forums, tried to see what my error means. im not good with logs so if someone who is, could please just tell me where to go about. I was compiling just fine the other day and today I'm getting this error and its frustrating especially when i can't even find this problem in the forums...

Callan S

Can you roll back what you had programmed to a prior stage that would compile successfully?

Majora64

Yes. i have an older backup....a way older backup and it compiles fine. a blank game compiles fine..but this version will not compile despite the fact it was working the other day. id hate to go back to the backup...

MrWagoner

The error message says that he found a "<" character in the first position in the file

../../../../Source/scripts/SceneEvents_16.hx

Can you open this file from your game directory with an text editor and make sure that there is no invalid character at the beginning?

If there is no invalid character, I would check the scene that SceneEvents_16.hx file is associated to for errors.  You can find out which scene that is by opening scenes in stencyl going to "Events", and then clicking on the "Code Preview"-button in the lower right corner. You can see the name of the associated .hx file then

Try to remove all events from this scene from the build (the checkbox right of the Event name) and see if it builds. If it does, activate the events one by one to track the error down to the event where it is contained in. 

Check out my newest game: Blowy Fish!