The Silence - Now available for iOS

dale527

The silence is now available for iOS and Android devices.

If you would like a promo code for iOS just inbox me!

iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-silence/id905759813?ls=1&mt=8

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.penlingtongames.thesilence

The Silence is created to make you feel as though you are actually in a Hitchcock movie.
It is an adventure game with both point n click & action elements such as flying a bi plane.

I decided that I wasn't happy with the overall look of the game and have now instead got rid of the TV overlay and updated all the graphics as well as add lots more animations such as flocks of birds, animated grass, rabbits, windmills, fog etc to make the world feel more real and immersive.

I have also improved the controls and saving system.

New Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erOVxVCV3k

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:51:44 am by dale527 »

mdotedot

Hi Dale527,

AWESOME graphics and atmosphere!

The amount of text is the only thing that is bothering me a bit, but that might be just me!

Are you planning on a few free-to-play scenes and later let the player be able to 'buy-scenes'?

Best regards from
M.E.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

dale527

Thanks  a lot mdotedot,

There's actually not that much text in the game only a few certain scenes and compared to most point n click adventure games there is very minimal. I did want voice acting but I think the file size would just become too large.

The game will be $1.99 with no plans for free levels yet but maybe I might consider doing that at some point.

mor911

Yeah that look amazing. What did you use to animate the player?

dale527

Thanks mor911,

Well it was a game I originally started around 2 years ago using  program called AGS and then kinda abandoned until recently, if I remember right I used a  gif animation of a real man walking and then spent a few days drawing over each frame in photoshop with my character, I wanted the animations to be as realistic as possible so I used real animations to trace over basically. There is also a section in the game where there is a dog that chases after you and I used the same process for the dog.

The game is now waiting for approval on iTunes Connect so should hopefully be live by this weekend.

mor911

Thanks mor911,

Well it was a game I originally started around 2 years ago using  program called AGS and then kinda abandoned until recently, if I remember right I used a  gif animation of a real man walking and then spent a few days drawing over each frame in photoshop with my character, I wanted the animations to be as realistic as possible so I used real animations to trace over basically. There is also a section in the game where there is a dog that chases after you and I used the same process for the dog.

The game is now waiting for approval on iTunes Connect so should hopefully be live by this weekend.

That's pretty genius dude. Well done. Can't wait for the game to drop.  Looks great

colburt187

Good work Dale, another great looking game, looks like you put a lot of work into this.

dale527

Thanks Colburt, there was quiet a few late nights creating this one!

bonzero

Not published yet? Looks really interesting and the vibe is great

dale527

Hi thanks, yes it is now available on Android and will soon be available for iOS,  just waiting for it to be reviewed.

henson802

Looks great - I'm a fan of Hitchcock films and you seem to really nail the atmosphere / graphics.

I only have iOS so will wait for that - another thing with Hitchcock was his use of sound.. those creepy , on the edge of your seat ambience...

vikingpotato

Looks stunning! will give it a try

Neotron

Well, congratulations! I have never seen such a nice game made with Stencyl before! I bet you worked a lot on this.
I hope you will earn a lot of money with it. :)

dale527

Thank you so much, I appreciate that!

Well I have just release it on iOS 2 days ago and have been quiet lucky as the game is featured in best new adventure games in 121 countries and is currently in the top 150 in 5 countries and rising (adventure/puzzle categories) including the US which is cool. So will be interesting to see how it does over the next week or so.

Small worry is that a it works fine for the majority of people but a few have said it crashes at the menu screen so I am currently trying to figure out what the issue is, maybe loading all Atlases as once.

dale527

Creating an adventure game is extremely fun but I think I now realise why more people don't release them, the logistics, coding etc involved is insane and just when you fix one bug another one appears somewhere else! so there was a lot of hair pulling involved in the creating of this but well worth it in the end.

Just can't believe that it is now crashing for a few people at the beginning, I've tested on so many devices and it has never done that for me. Oh well let the hair pulling commence again!