[SOLVED] HELP! Error trying to run game: Dialog Box Core (1) - Missing

dcatley

Hi there, I'm a teacher at Calgary Arts Academy and I teach video game design. One of my students just encountered an odd error in a game he's been working on for a few weeks. This error pops up when he attempts to run the game or a scene (see subject header). I also took a screenshot so you can view it there.

It's really strange to appear so suddenly, especially considering he hasn't attempted to add any sort of dialog into the game. Please, if you have any suggestions or can help, please let me know! I'd hate to have my student start over...

I've tried to attach the game but the file is too large.

Thanks so much,

Daniel

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:22:47 am by dcatley »

Justin

Even if they're not being used, all the behaviors in the game are going to be compiled. It may not be an actual error and Stencyl is just tripping up. Try using Run > Clean Project and see if it works.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

dcatley

Hey Justin, thanks for the quick reply.

That's actually one of the first things I did, I'm afraid that didn't help. Is there another way I can send you the game file, or do you have any other suggestions?

One thing I forgot to mention - lately when this student runs Stencyl it has been giving a warning that it's memory is nearly full?? (Or something along those lines). Not sure if that is relevant.

Daniel

Justin

Yeah send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

Justin

The problem was that Dialog Box Core is a fairly old behavior which was written in ActionScript 3, before Stencyl changed to HaXe. You'll need to delete the following resources:

- Dialog Box Core (written in AS3)
- Dialog Box UI (needs Dialog Box Core)
- NPC (needs Dialog Box Core)
- Tile Based Movement (contains AS3 code)
- Running (missing some blocks. There are three Running behaviors in the game. Delete the one with the classname Design_270_270. You can see the classname by opening the behavior and pressing ctrl+j for the code preview.)

dcatley

Fantastic - it worked! You're amazing Justin :) Thank you!