Multiple Collisions on one Actor?

GarrowGlitch

My Character has 2 collisions on a certain animation. When he swings his knife, i added a 2nd collision with a group just called Knife. When i hit the stab control, its not detecting when i hit an enemy. The enemies do collide with the "Knife" group and it's supposed to decrement the life of the enemy when they hit the Knife group. I tried putting the 2nd collision as a sensor and also not a sensor but its not detecting that the "Knife" group is colliding with the "Enemy" group. (Also if this helps, the knife collision only appears on one animation, when you hit the attack button, Then on every other animation its not there.)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:02:35 pm by GarrowGlitch »

GarrowGlitch

It also appears that the group of "Knife" is not appearing on screen. I drew out the text for each group on screen for it, and it wont show up. So i am lost here. here's a pic of my collisions for the actor

letmethink

Does the hitbox show when you have debug draw turned on?
~Letmethink

GarrowGlitch

Does the hitbox show when you have debug draw turned on?
Yes the hitbox shows up

GarrowGlitch

also...it appears that the collision "Knife" is registering as "Actors"

Callan S

I'm not sure but it sounds like it's retaining the same group as the actor.

Could have a work around of spawning an invisble actor in the knife area and using that for hit detection. Being it's own actor it would definately be in the group you set it to (the knife group)

Who did your art?

Innes

I was trying something out a couple of days ago (just playing around, really), and I couldn't get a collision shape to register as a collision in the group for which I set it. It kept registering as the actor's collision group.

Does this sound like the same problem?
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

GarrowGlitch

yeah guys, its registering as the same group as my actor:/ and now im having all sorts of problems with detecting collisions.. it's like this all happens at once lol. and Callan, i do all my game art:D

Zeanon

I seem to have the exact same problem...    :'(
Did someone find  a way to fix this?