Would it be cool for a Stencyl Monthly newsletter?

Donni11

Would  it be cool for a Stencyl weekly newsletter :)?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:49:22 pm by Donni11 »
Peace

irock

There's not enough interesting stuff to put in a Stencyl weekly newsletter  :)?

Donni11

There's not enough interesting stuff to put in a Stencyl weekly newsletter  :)?
Actually I think there might be ,the new games,news for Stencyl,and other content from the forums :),I mean it would not be very big but there would probably be enough for a weekly newsletter.   
Peace

letmethink

You could. Why not write about Stencyl yourself?
~Letmethink

Donni11

I mean am I allowed to I mean Legally? I think you have to be part of the company.
Peace

letmethink

You can't claim to be Stencyl, but you can write about games made with Stencyl.
~Letmethink

Donni11

it's a little confusing  http://www.stencyl.com/about/eula/  I mean does this have to do with anything ?
Peace

it's a little confusing  http://www.stencyl.com/about/eula/  I mean does this have to do with anything ?
I'm no lawyer but it looks like it's fine as long as you don't claim to be Stencyl and specify that it's not affiliated with them.

Donni11

You could. Why not write about Stencyl yourself?
I'm no lawyer but it looks like it's fine as long as you don't claim to be Stencyl and specify that it's not affiliated with them.

Still I don't think I'm the right person for this job maybe someone else ......anyone good at creating magazines or related topics ?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:55:42 pm by Donni11 »
Peace

Max Finch

Why weekly? I feel like that would take a lot of time and energy for someone from stencyl or somewhere else.

If the community wanted a newsletter I think monthly would be better.

Ex:

Top 10 games of the month

Must have Android
Must have iOS

Latest stencyl updates

etc..

Donni11

Why weekly? I feel like that would take a lot of time and energy for someone from stencyl or somewhere else.

If the community wanted a newsletter I think monthly would be better.

Ex:

Top 10 games of the month

Must have Android
Must have iOS

Latest stencyl updates

etc..

Hmm... thats a great idea, Are you into making newsletters?

Peace

Max Finch

I work ALOT. I could try doing a monthly newsletter for those who'd like one, but if I feel like it's too much for me I will either have to stop, find more people to help, or just find someone to take over completely.

If one of the Stencyl mod's would like to create a new thread called "Monthly Newsletter"  or something that would be nice.

There could be some pinned topics such as the following.

1) What is the newsletter and how do I subscribe?
2) Submit your favorite game this month.
3) What would you like to see in your newsletter?

Like I said I'm busy but if the Stencyl community really  wants a newsletter I would be willing to do a newsletter for this month and see how it works/turns out. But I'll need some Mod help if Stencyl itself wants to try this too.

Donni11

Sounds like a good idea :) .
Peace

Tzvi13

Sounds like a GREAT idea :).