[Resolved] Save - doesn't seem to work

yoplalala

Hello !

It's maybe a stupid question but I tried to save a game but it doesn't seem to work.

When I save and I load still inside the game , it works. But if I close the game  and open it again I don't have my saved game.
For now I've only tested in flash ( platform, browser, and exported flash).

Do you have have a an idea of what is happening ?

Thanks ! :)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:41:09 am by yoplalala »

Donni11

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Stencyl .   
Peace

Innes

To clarify, are you talking about the [Load / Save Game] blocks?

If so, please show how and where you are using them.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

yoplalala

Thanks for all the answers. :)

Yes I am.

To explain what I am doing :
Every time I create a new game, I click on the plus. 

After that I create the character and then save it :

Each character will represent a save instance.

PartieSauvee is the List where all my games are saved.
SavedPrincess is the list where the characteristic of my character is ( numer of animation for the haire, the dress, etc)

I've tried to save whenever I wanted ( like after 3 characters), do some other characters and load, and it works perfectly but when I close my flash and open it again nothing appears :(

krazziebone02

REMEMBER: only Violet Attributes can save and your game you must put that violet attributes inside the save and load  block
i want to be the best user of stencyl

Meestar

REMEMBER: only Violet Attributes can save and your game you must put that violet attributes inside the save and load  block

They don't NEED to be in the save and load block to be saved.  As long as you have Game Attributes ("violet attributes"), they will all be saved when that block is run.

@YoPlaPla
How come you are using "replace (number of items - 1) with character?"  That will replace the last character that you have saved in the list.  If you want to add something to the list, you should use the "add item to list" block instead.
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

yoplalala

How come you are using "replace (number of items - 1) with character?"  That will replace the last character that you have saved in the list.  If you want to add something to the list, you should use the "add item to list" block instead.

Hmm.. In fact When I click on the button + ; I create sublist and then I replace the value of the sublist when I save the character, but you're add, it's better to simply add :)

yoplalala

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Stencyl .   
Tried it but doesn't work :(

krazziebone02

They don't NEED to be in the save and load block to be saved.  As long as you have Game Attributes ("violet attributes"), they will all be saved when that block is run.

@YoPlaPla

in my situation  if the violet attributes are not inside the save and load bock it doesn't save so i try to put in inside the block and it works\
i want to be the best user of stencyl

yoplalala

in my situation  if the violet attributes are not inside the save and load bock it doesn't save so i try to put in inside the block and it works\

That's weird .... but  when you do print save suceeded. Don't you see all the attributes that are saved

Thanks everyone !!!!! I found what was the problem, it wasn't with my save attribute but  with my load attribute , that I didn't place well :).