Random Warnings/Errors in log viewer should I worry or ignore them?

sparttenomega

Hello, I have Just recently upgraded to version 3.2 and have had to some minor problems when transitioning, but I've managed to fix most of them. Recently I have noticed in the compiler I have been get warnings about missing blocks and events. Scenes still load perfectly and I can edit stuff but I still receive these errors. These three lines are the ones that I commonly get.

Level:     WARN
When:      2014-12-13 16:11:31

This kind of block does not exist: int

When:      2014-12-13 16:19:58

Missing: event.helper.thisactor.help

Level:     ERROR
When:      2014-12-13 16:15:38

Failed to delete file or directory: C:\Users\spart_000\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt

I don't know if these are harmless or not so I thought I'd ask and be safe. The full logs are attached below. Thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

Donni11

Are you having any problems with your game so far ??? ?
Peace

sparttenomega

Are you having any problems with your game so far ??? ?

No the game works the same as it did in 3.1 before I have upgraded. I'm just worried my game might end up corrupt or something if I ignore these new errors in the console.

Donni11

Well I THINK you could ignore them for now..... but if you come across any problems remember to write back here :) .
Peace

sparttenomega

Well I THINK you could ignore them for now..... but if you come across any problems remember to write back here :) .

So you are sure these errors won't cause any future problems? Do you know what these errors mean exactly? They only showed up after I upgraded to 3.2. The only thing I did after upgrading to 3.2 was remove the tile api extension since it conflicted with the new built in tile api. When I was using 3.1 I never received any errors/warnings in the console so there has to be some underlying reason as to why new ones are popping up. The only cause I can guess is that the new log viewer just brings up extra hidden errors that  the 3.1 log viewer didn't.

rob1221

The only cause I can guess is that the new log viewer just brings up extra hidden errors that  the 3.1 log viewer didn't.
I think this is the case.  Generally, as long as Stencyl is working properly, you don't need to pay attention to errors.

sparttenomega

The only cause I can guess is that the new log viewer just brings up extra hidden errors that  the 3.1 log viewer didn't.
I think this is the case.  Generally, as long as Stencyl is working properly, you don't need to pay attention to errors.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. If everyone here is saying not to worry I guess I shouldn't. Thanks for the help.

captaincomic

(I think) this means you have placed a block in one of your behaviors, that has been removed in a newer version. I'm not sure which block this is referring to, but if you're behaviors are still working as expected it's nothing to worry about anyway.

This is a harmless bug: a block doesn't have a help text defined. I'll fix this.

Failed to delete file or directory: C:\Users\spart_000\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt
It's trying to delete the flashlog.txt file which is where the log from the Flash Player is written to. It's probably nothing to worry about either, but I'm wondering why (and where in the code) it's doing that. Could you post your full logs (Debug -> Logs -> Generate Logs)?

sparttenomega

(I think) this means you have placed a block in one of your behaviors, that has been removed in a newer version. I'm not sure which block this is referring to, but if you're behaviors are still working as expected it's nothing to worry about anyway.

This is a harmless bug: a block doesn't have a help text defined. I'll fix this.

It's trying to delete the flashlog.txt file which is where the log from the Flash Player is written to. It's probably nothing to worry about either, but I'm wondering why (and where in the code) it's doing that. Could you post your full logs (Debug -> Logs -> Generate Logs)?

Thanks for explaining each error in detail that helps a lot. I thought I already attached the logs in my first post, but I'll  post them again if you want them.

captaincomic

Oh, sorry, you did! I didn't see them.