(iOS) share by email, twitter, fb, etc. using built-in UIActivityViewController

sideofcode

I'd really like to see this feature (for iOS): A block that implements iOS's own UIActivityViewController to share using message, email, Twitter, Facebook, or whatever other platforms that are already on the device. (And perhaps use a code block or some other block to specify any excludes.)

Looks like this:

As it stands, it seems that we need to separately implement each method of sharing that we want to provide: one button/behaviour for Twitter, one for email, one for iMessage, one for Facebook. Using the built-in system for sharing would give us all the relevant options in one shot, while providing the user with an interface that they're likely already familiar with.

Max Finch

I believe it's being done in a future update. (Should be soon)

sideofcode

Really? I haven't seen this particular feature mentioned elsewhere. In particular, I just looked through the entire roadmap topic (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,31060.0.html) and saw no mention of sharing using native iOS functionality. (The roadmap topic does mention Facebook and Twitter, but no details are indicated. Also, using the native functionality would open the door to WeChat, WhatsApp, etc., none of which are mentioned.)

Anyways, if you (or anyone) has any knowledge of whether (and when) this is going to get built in, I'd love to know.

Jon

As far as I know, this isn't on anybody's roadmap. Do you have a link to a topic where this was promised?