"Running on" block not working on WHITE iPhone 6 plus.

Synergic

I have had 2 players complain that my game did not look right on their white iPhone 6 plus devices. Upon inspection I found the "running on" block does not work on the white iPhone 6 plus. It works fine on the black 6 plus. I found the white iPhone 6 plus's width/height variables are returning 320x569. My black iPhone 6 plus returns 320x568. Both devices are running the same version of iOS, the same version of my game (compiled with 3.2 build 7994). The gold iPhone 6 plus may also be affected. I don't know why the color of the device affects the resolution, but it seems to be. I have both a white and black 6 plus available to test fixes.

captaincomic

The "running on" block is currently based on the following checks:
Code: [Select]
if(smaller == 320 && larger == 480)
{
Engine.isStandardIOS = true;
}

else if(smaller == 640 && larger == 960)
{
Engine.isStandardIOS = true;
}

else if(smaller == 640 && larger == 1136)
{
Engine.isExtendedIOS = true;
}

else if(smaller == 750 && larger == 1334)
{
Engine.isIPhone6 = true;
}

else if(smaller == 1242 && larger == 2208)
{
Engine.isIPhone6Plus = true;
}

else if(smaller == 768 && larger == 1024)
{
Engine.isTabletIOS = true;
}

else if(smaller == 1536 && larger == 2048)
{
Engine.isTabletIOS = true;
}
where smaller/larger is the min/max  of nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionX/Y.

Which variables did you check? Could you check what is returned by nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionX/Y on the white iPhone?

Synergic

I was checking the screen[width] and screen[height] blocks.

On the white iPhone 6 plus, nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionX returns 1125 and nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionY returns 2001.

On the black iPhone 6 plus, nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionX returns 1242 and nme.system.Capabilities.screenResolutionY returns 2208.

captaincomic

Thanks!

It seems 1125x2001 is with "Display Zoom" mode:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/use-display-zoom-iphone-6-plus.html
http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions

I added a check for that to the latest private build (b8003).

Please test if this is working for you, as I cannot test this.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:50:54 am by captaincomic »

Synergic

My device has 'zoom' disabled. Can't say for sure about the players' devices, I just know that they're all using a white 6+. Latest private build fails to compile:
/Users/owner/Downloads/Stencyl-full-8/plaf/haxe/extensions/purchases/Purchases.hx:76: characters 2-15 : Unknown identifier : detailMap

Synergic

Just confirmed enabling 'zoomed' mode on my black 6 plus causes the issue. Might try restoring the white 6 plus later tonight.

captaincomic

Latest private build fails to compile:
/Users/owner/Downloads/Stencyl-full-8/plaf/haxe/extensions/purchases/Purchases.hx:76: characters 2-15 : Unknown identifier : detailMap
Ah, yes, there seems to be a problem in the latest build caused by the new IAP Purchases...

captaincomic

The "Unknown identifier : detailMap" error has been fixed now. The latest build is working again.