[HELP] "Encountered Errors..." message, unable to test game anymore.

dcatley

Hi there, I'm a teacher at an arts school and we are using Stencyl to create story-based games. One student recently noticed the problem that she can no longer test her game:
"Encountered errors while building your game. Check your logs and post them to the forums."

I'm really hoping someone here can help solve this problem so my student can get back to work :)
I'm fairly experienced with Stencyl, I've been teaching with it and using it since September. and I just can't figure out why this is happening.

I've attached the game file as well as the log file (.zip)

Thanks so much,

Daniel

Justin

Code: [Select]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/dcatley/stencylworks/games/Bruce Ze Moose2/resources/9.png (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:120)
at stencyl.sw.util.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:292)
at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter.write(HXWriter.java:507)
at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter.access$200(HXWriter.java:79)
at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter$3.doInBackground(HXWriter.java:2389)
at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter$3.doInBackground(HXWriter.java:2346)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

The game is trying to copy over one of your graphic assets, 9.png, and can't find it. If you look through your resources/data.xml file, you can try finding a resource with id="9" to see which one is missing a graphic. You could create an image in your resources folder, 9.png, so that Stencyl doesn't complain and lets you build the game, or you could try removing the resource or adding an image for it in Stencyl.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

dcatley

Thanks Justin, you're a life saver! I was able to figure it out. Turned out one of the tilesets downloaded from StencylForge was causing issues.