Looking for a collaborator

Pyschographics

Hi,

So I am currently working on one game that I am desperately trying to finish and release before May.

I don't think it is going to happen, but I'm not giving up. I'm not really a coder, I love Stencyl because it has already allowed me to do so much more than I could. I'm not really a trained graphics artist or anything either - I teach myself things on cheapo versions of art programmes (which are often actually really good). I guess what I'm trying to say is at the moment my working methods are very clunky trying to learn to code what I need, as well as get the graphics looking good. I'm house trained - all images saved in PNG, sprites and tiles organised neatly etc.

What I'd really like is to find maybe one or two more people to work with and build up a portfolio of games that hopefully we can also sell as we get better and better. I really want to do something in this 'new' 2D industry on phones and apps. I've got a few ideas in the pipe line too and would be happy to provide graphics towards other peoples ideas. Seriously if someone could support the coding side - I'd get a lot more graphics done! :)

For instance -I just spent about 20 hours trying to get a jump through platform sorted out (it still doesn't work) and I cannot understand why. There's someone out there who could have sorted this out in 20 minutes. So on one hand I know some of the problems, issues coders will have and I'm very keen to get on with the drawing, but I am not a trained expert at anything - just self teaching myself and muddling through! One thing I want to say is this though - I am striving for quality and even though the old 2d formats don't lend themselves to a lot of originality outside of the platform, shoot em up, mouse click games - I think mobile applications are screaming out for good examples of those games. You only need to look on the various consoles to see the stuff that people make and sell to see that there is a whole new industry here - as I'm sure you're aware! If you remember Codemasters, Ocean, Team 17 then this is the kind of quality and innovation I'd like to replicate.

All best

Psychographics

choppedupmonkey

I sent u a message, I might be interested.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:32:58 am by choppedupmonkey »

Pyschographics

Well you never know until you ask. There might be someone at my level who is  looking to work with someone learning the ropes.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:17:27 pm by Pyschographics »

ceosol

I managed to figure out a two player version of jumping through platforms. Send me a pm with what you need and I'll see if I can help.

Pyschographics

A two player version! :)

That's pretty cool. Thank you for your reply - will PM.

ceosol

I posted in your shout box (well, double clicked by mistake).

sideofcode

Pyschographics: I just sent you a PM.

btg

I could probably help.  I'm only 11 though but I recently submitted an app to the apple app store
chainreactiongames.org
Get "Phose" FREE on Android and Apple devices :)

Hey man im just still learning the ropes but would love to colab PM me if u want

btg

I'm also still learning, but I'm getting better.  This is kind of embarrassing; I have NO CLUE how to PM.
chainreactiongames.org

btg

Never mind figured it out.
chainreactiongames.org

Pyschographics

Hi all - wow thanks for the posts. I've been a bit busy - and only just seen them. Will respond to each over the next few days. I'm just thinking the more the merrier, more grey matter to throw at problems! :)

Pyschographics

Stencyl Jam by May 11th 2015.

I got the desire to make graphics :)

If you can put the code together I can help with ideas, game play, design, sound - can't do music, but sure we can either knock something up....

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:09:30 am by Pyschographics »

rob1221

I split the copyright discussion into another thread, so anyone who wants to discuss that go to the thread in Chit-Chat.

I'd like to help.  This sounds interesting. 

I'm a programmer with about six month's experience in Stencyl, and basic stuff from KhanAcademy which enabled me to pick up Stencyl really fast - also house trained in stuff like graphics, but I can't make music at all, but I'm pretty good with the logic of the Stencyl programming.

Oh, btw, if you want to make a jump through platform then just set the collision boundaries in the tileset to "No Collision Boundaries."  If you also want to have the tile in a solid version, then reimport the file into another tileset, and put no collisions on those tiles.

If you want to see an example of my work, you can PM me with an email and i'll link it to you

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:52:59 pm by magewarrior2222 »