3.3 Upgrade Problem

Mineat

I edited my game's XML file, backed up my files and installed Java 8 prior to the upgrade, and found an error when I upgraded it to 3.3. Here is the log.

captaincomic

The error is from a missing file
Code: [Select]
2015-03-19 23:03:07,391 ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter: Source 'C:\Users\Mineat\Documents\stencylworks\games\Muncher\snippets\ActorEvents_1.design' does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'C:\Users\Mineat\Documents\stencylworks\games\Muncher\snippets\ActorEvents_1.design' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:1074)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:1038)
at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter.copyOpenedSnippetsToDisk(SnippetsWriter.java:459)

Mineat

How do I get it back or delete the reference?

captaincomic

Look in <your workspace>/games/<your game>/snippets/list.xml for a line that says ActorEvents_1 and then delete that line and all following lines until and including the first one saying </snippet>. (Make a backup of your game first.)

e.g.
Code: [Select]
    <snippet attachedevent="true" class="scripts.ActorEvents_1" classname="scripts.ActorEvents_1" desc="Actor Specific Events" description="Actor Specific Events" design="true" drawOrder="0" id="12" name="ActorEvents_1" oid="-1" package="scripts." scenespecific="false" shared="false" type="actor">
        <blocks/>
        <events>
            <event displayName="Created" enabled="true" id="1" name="init" order="1" repeats="true"/>
        </events>
    </snippet>

Mineat

Just to let you know, it worked by doing that, and deleting the entries in favorites.xml. Thanks!