Game has starting problems from engine's dialog folder!

Mineat

My game started with a debugger saying:

Code: [Select]
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at TypingScripts()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src-ext/TypingScripts.hx:25]
at Type$/createInstance()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\std/flash/_std/Type.hx:133]
at DialogStyle/tieExtensionsToDialogBox()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogStyle.hx:44]
at DialogBox()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogBox.hx:62]
at Dialog$/cbCall()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/Dialog.hx:99]
at scripts::SceneEvents_0/init()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_0.hx:86]
at com.stencyl.behavior::Behavior/initScript()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/Behavior.hx:94]
at com.stencyl.behavior::BehaviorManager/initScripts()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/BehaviorManager.hx:97]
at com.stencyl::Engine$/initBehaviors()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:1088]
at com.stencyl::Engine/loadScene()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:959]
at com.stencyl::Engine/begin()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:780]
at com.stencyl::Engine()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:514]
at Universal/init()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/Universal.hx:87]
at Universal/onAdded()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/Universal.hx:66]
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
at Universal$/main()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/Universal.hx:738]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at Function/<anonymous>()
at ApplicationMain$/start()[Export/flash/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:787]
at ApplicationMain$/init()[Export/flash/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:729]
at lime.app::Preloader/start()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/lime/lime/lime/app/Preloader.hx:217]
at openfl.display::Preloader/display_onComplete()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/openfl/openfl/openfl/display/Preloader.hx:129]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at scripts::StencylPreloader/onLoaded()[Source/scripts/StencylPreloader.hx:316]
at openfl.display::Preloader/start()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/openfl/openfl/openfl/display/Preloader.hx:93]
at lime.app::Preloader/current_onEnter()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/lime/lime/lime/app/Preloader.hx:280]

Donni11

Are you using the latest version ( dialog extension ) ?
Peace

Mineat

Yep. It's doing it in the latest version.

Donni11

Did you move the files to the correct location ?
Peace

Mineat

Yes I did. I even replaced all parts of the extension and deleted the old ones.

Donni11

Check to make sure you have an animation set for the pointer .
Peace

Mineat

How? I set them all to use the windows and I get:

ArgumentError: Error #2015: Invalid BitmapData.
at flash.display::BitmapData/ctor()
at flash.display::BitmapData()
at BitmapDataUtil$/scaleBitmap()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/BitmapDataUtil.hx:113]
at DialogWindow/update()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogWindow.hx:95]
at MethodInfo-629()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src-ext/DialogBase.hx:62]
at DialogBox/runCallbacks()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogBox.hx:553]
at DialogBox/update()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogBox.hx:517]
at Dialog/updateDialogBoxes()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/Dialog.hx:390]
at Dialog/dialogUpdater()[C:\Users\Mineat\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/Dialog.hx:148]
at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2382]
at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2584]
at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2577]

Donni11

It's found in Data Structures > Default Style > Script Settings > (near the bottom) Anim For Pointer.
Peace

Mineat

I set it, but the error in the last post pops up!

Donni11

Are the draw items in order ?
To easily add the draw order items to the list in the one you already made, go to stencylworks/your game/extras/[ext] data structures/data/.../Your Style. Edit it with a text editor, and add this line:
drawOrder=[Window Frame,Message,Text Effects,Face,Namebox,Wait Pointer,Dialog Choice]:String
Peace

Mineat

There must be something I did wrong here. Can you check this zip file for me?

Donni11

Okay I'll take a look .
Peace

Donni11

What are your height and width set to ( window ) ?
Peace

Mineat

Yes. Some windows are used for battle HUDs. The width fits the screen and the height is to be managed myself. Fits supposedly in a view of 800 x 600.

Donni11

Try checking if you have left anything blank in any of your dialog . These errors usually come from when something is left blank ...
Peace