Extensions don't appear in Stencyl

chongyunxiang

Hi,

I've tried downloading the Simple Share extension and I followed the steps to install. I didn't Extract the .zip file that I downloaded.
I opened Stencyl and under Extension, I click Install Extension. Then I closed and open Stencyl again. The Simple Share was there, enabled. I then tried to create the FB share event, but I can't find the Share Message block as shown in the thread.

I tried to re-enable and reopen Stencyl, but to no avail. Under the list of blocks contain Actor, Flow, Input, etc, the Extensions part is blank.

What could I have done wrong?

Thanks.

NOTA

If you are looking to share on Facebook, create a Facebook actor, place it on your canvas, double click it to edit the properties, and add behavior, under utilities " Facebook Share Button"

chongyunxiang

Oh! I checked out the Facebook Share Button, but I was looking to share the player's scores on FB. How do I do that? I believe it would mean having to take a screenshot of the player's score and have it sent to FB.

But thanks for telling me about the FB share!

NOTA

Sorry, that's a bit more in depth coding than I am familiar with.

chongyunxiang

That's why I was hoping I could get the extension in my game. Still trying to figure out why the extension is not showing at all! But  still, thanks for helping me!

chongyunxiang

Anyone can help me with this? I've tried installing a previous version of Stencyl but its still the same. My extensions don't show up. I did as instructed, but it's still the same. I've reverted back to the latest version. My extension is enabled under Settings. But I don't see any additional blocks. My Extensions Manager is blank too.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:53:14 am by chongyunxiang »

captaincomic

Look in your workspace/engine-extensions/ folder, there you should have a folder for the extension and directly within that (not nested in another one) should be at least the files block.xml and include.xml. Do you have it like that?

chongyunxiang

I see the Block and Include xml files.

I've taken a screenshot of the folders and it's contents for the Simple Share extension.
I've also re-downloaded the Stencyl file from Stencyl.com
It says Build 8453.

I've also enabled the extension under Settings - Extensions. Closed and reopened. Disable and Enabled and reopened several times over as well. Even tried uninstalling and downloading an older version 3.2 of Stencyl, did the same. but it doesn't appear. So uninstalled 3.2 and reinstalled the one from Stencyl.com

Thank you!

captaincomic

Hm, okay. Could you post your logs?

chongyunxiang

Here's the log. Hopefully I got what you were requesting for!

letmethink

In another thread it has been stated that the simple share extension is only available for Build 8454 and later.
~Letmethink

chongyunxiang

Oh! Where can I get the Build 8454?

And this problem is not just happening to Simple Share. Previously I tried installing some drawing extensions and it's the same problem. I didn't pursue the problem as I was just fiddling around with it. I tried it on my Mac laptop and Windows PC and both didn't show the extension even though it's enabled.

But if it's the build problem, then maybe I was just being unlucky and chose the extensions meant for 8454! Haha!

Thanks!

captaincomic

The build was a private build at that time, but now you can get the latest 3.3.2 weekly release (b8471).

There are no errors in your log, and everything looks correct in your screenshots, so I have no idea why the blocks wouldn't show up.

chongyunxiang

I was informed that its probably because these private builds are meant for the Indie and Studio versions. I'll be purchasing it probably next week or so, once I got my main game functions out! It's correct right? It's only available for the Indie and Studio versions right?

ajimundi

Have you enable the extension? From the screenshot it seems to me that you haven't. The button said 'Enable' which mean it's disabled. (You click 'Enable' to enable it, at which point the button will turn to 'Disable' because it's for, you know, disabling the extension.) :)
::: It's never too late, unless you're dead. Maybe not even then. :::