A few mini organization suggestions

Donni11

Hello Stencylers :) ! Here are a few of mini organization suggestions that I thought up. These suggestions could be really useful to help organize.

1. Folders  - You can create folders on the " Welcome Center " to organize your games. Users create a lot of games but they are all over the place and this could be a great way to organize them.

2. Sort by.. - A sort by select button on which games come first on the welcome center.

3. Back to Welcome Center Button - A button that when its clicked its saves the game and returns back to the welcome center.  Also if a user clicks on the back to welcome center button Stencyl always asks this before he goes to the welcome center :

Sometimes a user could click on the wrong game and to return to the welcome center the user has to close Stencyl , wait 2 minutes for it to save, re - open Stencyl ( wait for loading ) and then get back to the right game. It takes time and it's annoying so this suggestion would take care of that.

=============================================================================================
Well those are my suggestions. I really hope they get added into Stencyl, I know they will be useful for a lot of users :) !
Peace

letmethink

The close game function returns the user to the welcome centre.
~Letmethink

Donni11

Woa ! I never knew about that feature thanks :)! But I still think Stencyl should at least put that feature on the main toolbar.
Peace

merrak

Folders would be great. I often have several versions of the same game (Flash, iOS, etc.). My welcome screen is fairly cluttered.

Innes

Folders have been requested several times over the last couple of years!

I think this one small feature would be welcomed by a lot of people (especially me!). I save multiple versions of games as I am developing, and to have them all in one folder would be great.

The same applies to the final version of completed games; they could all be placed in a single folder.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Donni11

Also , it looks like everyone In this topic would also appreciate folders.....LOL.....
Peace

Donni11

You know I feel like this topic isn't really getting anywhere. I mean it's like that with most suggestion topics there are good ideas out there and a lot of users like the ideas but they never get done. Its not like I'm expecting Stencyl to accept every suggestion and I know Stencyl is very busy fixing bugs but seems that 80% of the suggestion topics just sit there, 10% are already completed , and only 10% are actually accepted   :( :( .....
Peace

rob1221

There are far more ideas than there is time to implement them.

Justin

Yeah, folders or something similar will without a doubt be implemented in the future, we just haven't got to it yet. Sort by isn't a bad idea either.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Donni11

How much into the future :) ?
Peace

Justin

Don't know, so can't say.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Donni11

I don't mean to bump this but..... Its the future  8).
Peace

Innes

I don't mean to bump this but..... Its the future  8) .

You did mean to bump this! No-one can currently advise when or if a specific feature is going to be implement. When they do know, they will announce it.

This is the 'Suggestions' forum, not the, 'Repeatedly ask for a release date for an unplanned feature forum'.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.