True/False statement to create and kill actors

chongyunxiang

Hi,

I'm trying to create a True and False event. When I click on the Next button, it'll set Next to True, then create 2nd character and a Back button. If Back button is pressed, set Next to False, then create 1st character and a Next button. I also set a Kill self if the statement is True or False.

I'm basically trying to create a scene where I have say 9 characters, then if you click Next, it'll kill the current 9 and display another 9, vice versa.

Right now I can't seem to get my Next button to work. Previously I almost had it but the Back button didn't appear.

I have attached the file.

Pls help, thanks!!

stefan

So you are trying to toggle between character pages?

chongyunxiang

So you are trying to toggle between character pages?
Yes I am! Trying to toggle between character pages on the same scene for mobile!

kill kill kill kill
next next next next next
next next next next next
next next next next next
next next next next next,
fainted.
Yeah haha! I'm trying to find a good way to do this, but it's the only method I can think of. I'm sure there's definitely a better way to do this! The slide function for mobile is not optimised which causes lag.

chongyunxiang

[UPDATE]

I've kinda got it work, but there's still a big problem with it, has a black image behind the actors.

The main actors and scenes with the code is in Character Selection (Scene), Display Character (Scene Behaviour), Next (Actor), Back (Actor), Froggie Selector (Actor), Pannie Selector (Actor).

Why is there a black image behind the actors?

Pls tell me if there is a more efficient way of doing this.

Thanks!

stefan

I will do a quick tutorial on it. I have some spare time tonight so ill let you know.

chongyunxiang

Thanks! If you need actors for the tutorial, do take it from the file! If not, I can send it to you. Trying to do what I can to help.

stefan

No worries. I got my own resources ;)

stefan

I am rendering everything out atm. It should be online in an hour or so.

chongyunxiang

I've gotten mine to work. I can settle for what I have, but I definitely would like to watch your video and learn your method! I can't see the video on your YouTube yet. If possible, pls post the URL here! Thanks!!

stefan

Correct. For some reason youtube is messing things up. I will re upload it today after work.

chongyunxiang

Thank you so much! Let me know when its's uploaded!!

stefan

Just finished re-rendering, uploading will be done in 30 minutes!
(keep in mind it will be 2 15 minute parts. I always like to explain in detail how it all works ;) )

chongyunxiang

It's good that you always explain in details, because that's how we learn from  you!

stefan

Indeed =p

https://youtu.be/4HCdNnimCds

I still have to add thumbnails etc, so you are the first to see it haha!