Pause on iOS [b61]

Aasimar

It's good in Flash, but on iOS, I have.. that, it's juste freeze, I don't know why. (When I push the pause button)

It's implemented on iOS Jon ? Maybe not and it's normal.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:33:43 pm by Jon »

Jon

It's implemented and working in the Pausing demo (replace the logic with touch to test it). I can't say it works in 100% of scenarios but at least in the very basic case of normal actors, it should work just fine.

Aasimar

Maybe it's a problem with my behaviors.
I use the On screen button with a new control to launch the scene behavior you have created.
I'll try to use the same behavior with your demo, to see if it's the problem.

I don't really know how I can debug this stuff, maybe isolate all the parts one by one, why this fucking xCode don't shows me the problem ? arg

Jon

I think I'll need to see a game via e-mail to get a proper repro case for problems.

Jon

Manuel said that recycled actors don't pause, so that's one possibility.

Aasimar

I don't use that, I haven't enough time today, tomorow I'll retry with the new release and my modifications to see if something have changed, if not, I'll send to you my stuff by email!

For me it's not a "pause" problem, it's just xCode who freezes the game and shows the screen on my first post.

Jon

I've fixed up pausing a bit more in these areas. I had to use some rather clever tricks to do it cleanly, but it seems to work really well.

- "Do Later" and "Do Periodically" that are spawned from an actor behavior now pause if the actor is paused
- Tweening now pauses if the actor is paused

Hopefully, pause is now fully usable for you in b61.