Coin Collector

Meteos

I think the game is finally finished now.  Fixed some more glitches,  made some level design changes and added some story stuff .  Along with some other things. The goal of the game is to collect a specified number of coins then get to the flag somewhere in the level. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try it out.

Here are the controls:

Arrows Keys: move
S :Toggle Sounds
M: Toggle Music
Spacebar: Pause
R: Go to stage select screen when the game is paused.
Mouse: Click on screen icons.

The Newest Link to the game:

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/32399

Some screenshots:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:50:30 am by Meteos »

mdotedot

Hello Meteos,

That is an excellent start.
I wondered what the 0 was until I came across the yellow dots.
I'm terrible at platforms so I stopped at level 2.

Have fun with it!

Best regards from
M.E.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Meteos

Thanks for the quick reply, glad to hear it!  But yeah, the game is made to be a little bit on the hard side. I'm trying to  go for a bit of a harder difficulty approach this time.

Meteos

Just posting to say I updated the game.  Added sounds, made a few levels, made some tutorial signs,  and made the games main mechanic. along with some other things, thanks to anyone willing to try it out.

Meteos

Just posting to say I updated the game again,  might be the last one before I finish the game. . I added music, made the remaining levels, fixed a ton of glitches  and some other stuff. I also added another screenshot.

Meteos

Just posting now to say the game is finished.

mdotedot

Hello Meteos,

The controls feel nice.
I like the in-game-instructions.
I'm too bad at platforms and got frustrated. It is not specifically your game: most platformers do that to m.e., but I wish for 'continue-no-matter-what'-mode, maybe deducting points.

Nice job and I hope you had fun making it!

Best regards from
M.E.

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Meteos

Thanks again for the feedback!  I made a small update to the game, I added a casual  mode that replaces your lives with a death counter, put in some sounds, fixed some typos and some other small things.

Overall, I did have fun making  the game.  Though I did begin to lose interest  a few days ago. Been going real slow lately, probably going finish this up here and begin working on something else.