TOUCH END bug [Bug in OpenFL]

designpeg

I'd previously wrote about multitouch firing multiple times, and I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or just the way it worked.

I'm pretty sure now, as touch end fires for each touch regardless if that touch has ended.

Simple demo attached, increments every time a touch is released - touch iOS device with 5 fingers, then lift one and you'll see the touch end block fires 5 times.

I can work around the touch start firing multiple times, but can't see any way to deal with  the touch end  doing the same.

Could one of the devs confirm that this actually is a bug, and if so, that it's being looked at?

Cheers.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:25:37 am by Jon »

rob1221

Yes it is a bug, and I don't believe anyone is currently looking into it.  What Stencyl version did this bug start?

designpeg

Not sure when it started, but over a week ago - I thought the problem was my coding, and have been working on the 'problem' for about a week on and off - I thought it was an issue with the way I'd been assigning the ids to my actors.

At the moment, it's not a major issue for me until I launch - I couldn't launch without it working though, as my game requires I be able to simultaneously manipulate two objects on screen.

Justin

Can't reproduce on android, so I'm assuming it's iOS only.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Justin

Did this begin happening for you after we updated lime from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1? If so, it might be because somebody "fixed" multitouch between those version (it worked fine before, right?).

https://github.com/openfl/lime/commit/6fd3b4142a6ca9f04dfebd06df017e36a71b36d9

designpeg

That time frame seems right. I've not got access to an android device to test on at the moment, but have checked on a few different iOS devices/IOS versions. The change to lime seems to explain the behaviour - does this mean the fix needs to come from them, or is it something Stencyl can solve?

Justin

Justin

If you confirm that it's a problem between those versions, an issue should be filed here.

designpeg

How do i try out the different versions? do I just replace the lime folder in Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/lime ?

Also, if I file an issue on github, should I mention that It causes  a problem in Stencyl, just it seems as if the 'fix' does exactly what it says it's going to do, and seems to have been accepted as a fix for someone else problem?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:55:20 am by designpeg »

Justin

Yeah. You can inspect what you're replacing to make sure the file hierarchy looks the same (lib/lime/lime should contain a bunch of folders).

If you're not comfortable opening an issue on github, you could also post at http://community.openfl.org to get some discussion going about it first.

designpeg

Ok, I won't be able to have a look at this until tonight, but it looks like I'm going to be able to wind back lime and be able to continue with developing my app.  thanks.

designpeg

Hi, I've tried both versions of lime, and touch end still fires for every finger regardless if it's still touching.

Having said that, I not sure I placed the old version of lime in the right place, or whether I replaced all the parts of lime in the latest build with the old parts.

I can't believe no one else is having an issue with this bug - it makes multitouch unusable in stencil.

Justin

If you completely deleted the old lime folder first, you would know for sure because the game wouldn't even open if you didn't get it right.

designpeg

OK, i'm pretty sure I deleted the correct folder - but problem persists

Justin

So it's not related to the change I highlighted above?

I'm not sure I can do anything else at this point without an ios device to test on. I'll update the topic title anyway.