Adjusting collision for different frames in animation?

chongyunxiang

Hi,

How do I adjust the collision box for each animation frame? I have a running character and there is a frame where the character is off the ground

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

chongyunxiang

Hmm, didn't know there was one! Can I ask for a tutorial on how to use it? Because I'm not really good at understanding how it works based on it's instructions.

I really suck at understanding and following instructions! Maybe a screenshot of it being used would be sufficient.

So sorry for the trouble!

Thanks!!

chongyunxiang

Hi! Any help please? Thanks!!

MichaelPel

Since each animation looks like a single frame, why not use an event? I have no idea how the enldless animation works, but this is how I would do it;

MichaelPel

I forgot an important bit. You need to add to the bottom of every 0.1 seconds "otherwise if current animation for self = Jump > switch animation Walk-1 for self

chongyunxiang

Ooo interesting, calling out the animations. I tried using the same method and applied it to the the character's event. I was thinking that since it'll be Walk1 when it's created, then by using your method, I can shuffle through the other animations from Walk1 to Walk4. And when I press Jump, it'll switch to Jump animation. But the problem is that it doesn't switch smoothly it happens too fast.

Pls ignore the bottom's Do Every _ Seconds. I deactivated it when I placed it on the Always event.

Thanks for this method! Much easier than the Endless Animation. But I hope someone can do a tutorial on how to use the Endless Animation. Seems like a useful tool in the future!

MichaelPel

You shouldn't place do every seconds withing an always-thing. Make a separate do every X-seconds for it. If the animation plays too fast, you can just increase the time to, say every 0.25 secons, of 0.5 of whatever. Experiment with it, see which fits the best. Can you explain what you mean by not smooth transition between jump and walk?

chongyunxiang

I adjusted it and now the animation doesn't move from Walk1 to 4. Stuck at Walk1. Previously, it changes really quickly from 1 to 4, then it gets stuck at 1 for a while, then switches from 1-4 really quickly, then gets stuck for a while again.

Now it doesn't change to any animation. Still trying to figure out what is causing it to be stuck at the first animation.  ::)

MichaelPel

It should work. Can you pm me your project? I'll take a look once I get home