Nyan Cat Wars

alessiofuffa

Just my first game on stencyl, it's called "Nyan Cat Wars".
It was my first flash game on 2011, the other 3 on Newgrounds they're made with this crap of program "The Games Factory 2", i don't have to work much more in that busy program, but In StencylWorks is better that The Games Factory 2. and they're 2010 too.

Here's the link of the game: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/8614

Contents:
10 Levels!
2 Bosses! (Appears in level 5 and level 10)
One harmful enemy - Tac Nayn!
Epic Action!

Enjoy!

Alexin

First, the "harmful" enemy can't hit you if you don't move from your initial location.
Second, you simply followed a video tutorial, by Gigafide. There must be dozens of Nyan Cat Wars.

[...] The Games Factory 2. and they're 2010 too.
Stencyl was funded in 2008. Stencyl is so 2008. I hope Stencyl is going to be 2012, too.

Epic fail.

"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Ethan

alessiofuffa: I agree with your comment on the game's page. It can be frustrating for people to just dislike the game without telling you how to make it better.

Alexin

The graphics aren't cohesive.
The enemies aren't challenging at all.
The space, used to shoot, key makes the page scroll on Linux + Chrome.
There's isn't any music or sound effects.
When the cat is hit, it remains grey.
The controls are unresponsive.
The game runs at 20 FPS when there are four enemies on screen.
The level design is poor.
The variety of enemies, game mechanics, etc, is nonexistent.
Etc.

Note this is posted in a section to announce (hopefully finished) games.

One reason why I don't like it implicit in my previous post: "[...] you simply followed a video tutorial [...]".
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

KungFuFurby

Well, I can safely say this...

You've got some debugging to do. Specifically, making sure the player can take damage, and to know when something is no longer invincible. I think the worst bug is that once you're hit, you don't revert to your normal state (AKA the default animation... or tint, I guess), and neither does the enemies.

I'm a bit baffled, personally... when I saw this, I didn't think much of it. But once I realized what was going on after a few posts... this is a case in which I am going to give away a piece of music. Here's one free Nyan Cat tune for your little game...

Nyan Cat Music

And now, I'm going to go ahead and nervously retreat for the moment...
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

alessiofuffa

This game will be removed in some days because it's epic fail. Close this topic because it's useless.

KungFuFurby

Well, if at first you don't succeed, try again. If you need some programming assistance, I could give it a shot.  ;D
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games