generate graphics at a new size using the original

mlnaficy

I had to add 3x graphics to my game for the iPhone 6+, and I was stoked when I checked 3x and got the message to close the game and reopen to have them automatically generated.  The graphics looked horrible, though - it looks like they were generated from the 1x graphics.  I ended up having to drop in all my graphics again, deleting the original graphics, for each actor... which means I now also have to run all the graphics through a reducer again.  Major time suck:(.

So, my suggestion: Generate graphics at a new size using the original.

squeeb

you can open up the workspace folder for the game.. and manually add the graphics and the right size

mlnaficy

Adding all my images at 3x this way would require me to resize all my artwork in Illustrator to the 3x size, save each item as a png, then manually add and name each of the files - a significantly more time-consuming project than the route I took.

One thing that makes Stencyl awesome is that you can drop in your images at a one size, then it will automatically generate the other sizes for you.  I was so happy when it was going to generate my 3x images for me after already creating the actors.  If Stency created those graphics from my original 4x work instead of blowing up the 1x images it generated from my 4x, then it would have worked out perfect!