Need Help Putting Game on Steam (Already got Greenlight).

Dincicode

I am going to need help putting my game up on steam, an early version of the game will be finished in a couple of days and right after that I just need to just sort out some banking stuff and it's done. I am looking for some one to show me how to actually put the game up on steam how to set up the API etc.

rob1221

I don't think anyone has implemented the Steam API yet.  There is SteamWrap for Haxe but it's 2 years old and will likely require a lot of modification to fit within a Stencyl extension.

Dincicode

Are you telling me that there isn't 1 Stencyl game on Steam?

Hectate

I played ghost song beta on steam...
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Jay3D

so to sell a game on steam you don't need the steam api attached ? 

noxtudios

I was reading the Steam Greenlight FAQ just a couple of days ago, i don't recall it stating you needed the steam API, just that it was available. I could be wrong though

rrzl

Unless they already change the policy now. As far as I know, you don't actually need it, if you are not planning to use any of the Steam's feature, like the Stats, Achievement, Steam Cloud, Auto Update...etc.

If you need any of those feature, you need to implement that Api.

Dincicode

Unless they already change the policy now. As far as I know, you don't actually need it, if you are not planning to use any of the Steam's feature, like the Stats, Achievement, Steam Cloud, Auto Update...etc.

If you need any of those feature, you need to implement that Api.

Well that is nice to know, I was totally lost. I guess I could publish the game without those features for now.