Agnina

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
Quote
I think the colors look better in the revised version, but decreasing opacity may be more realistic than simply changing the colors.
Yes. What I did was change the opacity. The border is because it is only a image trimmed.

I liked most of Example 5.


WOW! So much progress! You must have gotten good and fast at coding in Stencyl. Those menus looks so cool! I'd love to know how you did it! :)

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
Quote
WOW! So much progress! You must have gotten good and fast at coding in Stencyl.

I use Stencyl for more than four years.
And at that time I did many prototypes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJlxF1sFf2Y
But I only participated in another community that closed.

Quote
Those looks so cool menus! I'd love to know how you did it! :)

I used only Tile Api. There's no secret. Just replace tiles.
You just need to start with something simple. And then extend complexity.
The performance and bugs guide you to know your limits and how far you can go.

In the case of this game, I'm surprised that all this keeps running.
Tile Api works very well.

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
I think that reached the memory limit. When using tile of "tileset line 20" works. When using tile of "tileset line 30" freezing. 

Quote
WOW! So much progress! You must have gotten good and fast at coding in Stencyl.

I use Stencyl for more than four years.
And at that time I did many prototypes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJlxF1sFf2Y
But I only participated in another community that closed.

Quote
Those looks so cool menus! I'd love to know how you did it! :)

I used only Tile Api. There's no secret. Just replace tiles.
You just need to start with something simple. And then extend complexity.
The performance and bugs guide you to know your limits and how far you can go.

In the case of this game, I'm surprised that all this keeps running.
Tile Api works very well.


My fault then, I thought you just started a few months ago.

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
Quote
My fault then, I thought you just started a few months ago.
It happens  ;)

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
I'm rewriting the code. Correcting bugs, eliminating and blocking updates, etc.

The performance was very bad, less than 10 FPS. Now back to 60 FPS.

Only excluding the resolution 4x the resources jumping of 4.96Mb to 360kb.

Demo:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35815394/2015/game/index.html

Asynchronous loading 

One idea for the better user experience (game load faster) is create it in 4 or more parts. And using ajax for loading and caching.

For example: Game 01, only opening ou Scene 01.  Each Game/Part acts as a Scene.

The player enters the screen, and the game loads in a few seconds only with music 1.
While the player is in a Scene/Game 01, the next Scene/Game and resources, sounds, etc, is in loading.
At the end of loading, go to the next, and next, to load the entire game.

Then with jQuery and Angular, hide Div Game01 and insert and show Div Game 02. And save the variables out of the game.

What do you think?


« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:43:58 pm by gurigraphics »

gurigraphics

  • Posts: 690
Asynchronous loading 

In this example put a button out of the canvas that appears when the game 02 is loaded.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35815394/2015/assyn/index.html

My results:

Game 01 loading time: 5.03 seconds
Game 01 size: 1.6 Mb

Game 02 loading time: 13.89 seconds
Game 02 size: 5.1 Mb

Considerations:

I realized that asynchronous loading is quite common nowadays. Once that time loading pages influencing Google PageRank.
For asynchronous loading I found this lib: http://labjs.com/ But I did not even use.

This example is still small to realize some benefit. Perhaps for those with low internet bandwidth is already significant.

Anyway, as the games are separate modules the framerate is perhaps not impaired.
And considering the time of game play, on 4 minutes this can load, in this case, 100Mb without having to wait for it. Because, now loading is play.