Copy & Paste Multiple Animation Frames

Meestar

I think it would be awesome if we could highlight multiple animation frames, copy them, and then past them into another animation.  Right now, we are limited to only being able to copy and paste one frame only.  It would speed things up for me quite a bit.
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Donni11

Not true , this action is already possible :
Peace

Meestar

Not true , this action is already possible :

That's for the animations.  I'm talking about the frames within the animations.
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

BMJ

I would like to see this, too, but in the meantime, a way around it is to select multiple frames, click "edit frames" (note the plural), save the temp image that pops up in your image editor, then go into the animation you wish to copy them into and click on "import frames". Then, select the temp image you just saved and use the rows/columns boxes to chop it up. You can save plenty of time this way if you are copying many frames.  If you are only copying a few frames, it might be faster to just copy them one at a time.

Another nice (hidden??) feature is that you can select multiple frames, click on "edit frame" (note the singular, despite selecting multiple frames) and in doing so, you can set the duration of all the frames you selected to the same value, if you wish. I found this completely by accident and I wonder why it's hidden like that? :)

TechyBen

Thanks for the info on animation copying, was looking for that button.

But also being able to copy multiple frames, from a selection of existing frames, would also be helpful. Copy/paste or reloading individual frames manually is slow. Although doing the entire thing externally is faster for larger workloads, it breaks flow if working in Stencyl and just needing a couple of frames moving across.