A Center [actor] with [actor] block. PLEASE

LIBERADO

Thank you very much!
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Rainbros

It is incredibly time-wasting to manually add half-widths and whatnot just to get spawned actors to line up right. We need a block for this, which might also include other useful options like left and right-align. Stencyl needs some serious workflow improvements.

There is no need at all for Stencyl to do this, we would just end up with an absolutely massive palette.

Just use custom blocks (if you havent learn to use them thats your own fault, nothing to do with stencyls workflow all the info for custom blocks is in the stencylpedia)

I'll attach a screenshot of the main custom blocks I created (best to create them in a behavior, and then upload that behavior to each new game). These work for my needs, but just make as many as you need for yourself.

We use Stencyl to make our job easier and faster. Why should we have to go to the trouble of making a custom block for a basic thing that should have been included in the first place? I'm all for using them, but they're called custom blocks for a reason. Centering two actors is an essential function. Do you want Stencyl to make things easier for you or not? The palette size is relatively unimportant, considering you can find any block instantly by searching for it.

LIBERADO

The palette size is relatively unimportant, considering you can find any block instantly by searching for it.
I totally agree. I think the size of a palette should not be always limiting the Stencyl capabilities.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:59:37 am by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.