Request: Pronger and Bloomy Sprites

Mineat

I'm making a Mario & Luigi-esque game called The Patam Trio. So far I've made several sprites and behaviors out of old resource kits, but need help for Pronger/Bloomy to have overworld sprites(up, down and just for AI testing). Can I get some of their sprite creators to do that for me? BTW, I made jumping on them possible.

Duckaiser

Hi, I made the original Bloomy and Pronger sprites.

When you mean Mario & Luigi-esque, do you mean this kind of angle?:

So, walking up and down in that kind of angle? Is that what you are asking for?

Hectate

Sorry to hijack, but whoah - what is that image from? I don't recognize the game...
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

KungFuFurby

My guess is Mario and Luigi Superstars... at least a game in that series.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Darkhog

Yup, the first one - remember playing it on this stage.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Mineat

Good times.....
@Duckaiser, yeah!

Reedit: i had an idea of using rotated idle frames on Pronger's attack/jump animation, giving its purpose of "digging holes in your yard," dynamically. 1/2 done with crossed quote.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:20:17 pm by Mineat »

Duckaiser

Okay, I'll try to get on it pretty soon.

The "digging holes in your yard" thing was thought up by someone else, but when I think about it, it really does fit the Prongers pretty well.

Mineat

As for Bloomer he should have seed-spitting/dormant/active sprites. I'll be updating my post with progress snapshots, as the last few edits are done. These can be reversed and pasted from Pencyl. Now to make the shadows/digging during this...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:06:23 pm by Mineat »

Duckaiser

None of those pictures work for me.

I tried making a looking down sprite for a Pronger, and I'm not sure how I like it. It's slightly wider than I feel it should have been. And I don't like how the horns turned out.

Bloomy, Prongers, and the other characters for that (machine gun bunnies, and stuff) were all drawn first, to get an idea for how they should look before I sprited them. After I started making this sprite, I realize that I never drew a Pronger in any other direction. Kind of silly to design a character without knowing how they look in each direction, but oh well. I think I'll go back and sketch some stuff out, then try the sprite again. Unless you like it, then whatever.

Mineat

Sorry, I used native format.

It looks heckalot gooder than what I would do by spriting/editing! Thank you for your hard work, though. I'm reposting with the real pics. Yes I do like it!

Reedit: Ignore 9 and 10, I experienced an animation bug!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:55:05 pm by Mineat »