Dunkers

riki82

110k $? Wooow!
It's amazing!
So many compliments! It is really a great achievement!

Bhoopalan

$110k in revenue? :O :O Is there any typo or is really around $110,000 USD?

That's HUGE for a game without marketing expense!!! So which ad company provides better revenue for you?
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

thechaosengine

Not a typo. That's what happens with a game that's good enough to get featured, has banners, gets mentioned on Apple's social media, etc.

Marketing isn't viable on our level. You can't compete with the companies spending hundreds of millions on marketing, so why bother?

I'll let Colin handle the question, idk which ad provider does the most rev for us.

Bhoopalan

But as far as I remember, Wrassling earned one tenth of this revenue isn't it? I remember reading it earned around 15k USD.

Wrassling was as popular as Dunkers isn't it?

colburt187

Wrassling made around $40k to date, but it has around 600k downloads on iOS, Dunkers has over 2million downloads on iOS.

ceosol

It was perfect timing with the olympics. They had a "featured basketball" section in the app store where dunkers stayed for another two weeks after the initial feature.

Bhoopalan

It was perfect timing with the olympics. They had a "featured basketball" section in the app store where dunkers stayed for another two weeks after the initial feature.

Yes, That's correct.

Luck favors those who favors themselves.

rodolfovs

Hello Colburt187,

Would not compensate for you to place an ad banner fixed in the bottom of the game, since you had many downloads should have many impressions? The amount you received most was for impressions or most of it was for clicks on banners?

Regards,

Rodolfo

colburt187

Hello Colburt187,

Would not compensate for you to place an ad banner fixed in the bottom of the game, since you had many downloads should have many impressions? The amount you received most was for impressions or most of it was for clicks on banners?

Regards,

Rodolfo

Hi, I really don't like banners, and from my experience they don't earn well.

A fullscreen is big and annoying, but then when you close it, you forget about adverts while playing. Banners are always there, ugly and taking up screen space.

Bhoopalan

Hello Colburt187,

Regards,

Rodolfo

Hi, I really don't like banners, and from my experience they don't earn well.

A fullscreen is big and annoying, but then when you close it, you forget about adverts while playing. Banners are always there, ugly and taking up screen space.

Completely agree. Not only from a developer's perspective but from a player's perspective.

Thinking from player's point of view is much important than thinking from your point of view.

GeorgeN

Thanks!

Im using Robins Heyzap Extension with Admob, Unity ads, Chartboost, Applovin and Vungle. So far all the success is with iOS but Android looks like its starting to pick up. In general though, from my past games 99% of the revenue comes from iOS.

Hello, thank you for returning. I'm hoping that you still have more success with their games and hope one day to successfully mine.

One question I have is, I see the games made in Stencyl and realized that the android is always published only in 46 countries, not 84, like other games for Android. This is a limitation of Stencyl?

All the games are released in all countries (Distributing to 141 countries + Rest of the world.).