4-way movement very choppy

Maruda

Hi guys,

I just implemented 4-way movement behavior and it is very choppy  :(  Is there any way that the movements (moveup for example) be more smooth like jumping. Now it looks like my actor is being teleported there and camera follows his very fast and is shaky  :D

Please help

colburt187

Is this for a top down game? your character can move freely around the screen without gravity?

Maruda

Hi colburt187,

It's four way movement - 3 way controlled (up, left, right) + gravity. One solution I found but was not able to test yet is to create dummy (transparent) actor and make him follow (slide to the x,y center of) my actor and let camera follow the dummy  :D Watchathink ?

colburt187

If you just want left right and jump then you should use walking and jumping behaviors. Or I think there is one called platformer movement. 4 way movement is not really made to be used with gravity.

Maruda

Works ok so far. I do flying up, left and right with gravity and it works ok. Thanks

btw camera following dummy actor works. just had to put him behind background and delay following and now camera looks ok,   :D