Hunting Trail - WIP for over 1 year!

NeoCHI

So I've been working on "Hunting Trail" (previously named "Escape the Wild") for over a year now and since I'm planning to put it up for open beta soon I thought I should start posting about it. 

So "Hunting Trail" is an action roguelike where your trying to survive 5 days of hunting. Each day has a boss predator (wolves, bear, tiger, jaguar, lion) you have to beat and at the end of the level you can use the spirits you gathered from the animals you've killed to upgrade your character.

My main source of inspiration for the core mechanic, shooting, was "Oregon Trail" which is where the name of the game came from. While the rest of the mechanics came for various action roguelike games like "Downwell" and such.

Other features in the game include:
- Day/night cycle
- Edible mushrooms with random effects
- Unique AI for each animal
- Randomly generated scenes
- 10+ upgrades with 3 levels each

If  interested in the game please:
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/henrychi1982
Like it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingTrailGame

Just shooting some rabbits

Demoing arrow permanence

NeoCHI

SadiQ

How on earth did you move the FPS counter thingy on the left side of the screen?
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

letmethink

How on earth did you move the FPS counter thingy on the left side of the screen?
These look like screen grabs from android where I believe it defaults to the left (but you can do it by changing the engine anyway)
~Letmethink

Rainbros

First, let me say that it looks like a quality game! Graphics are excellent. However, I detest hunting and find it morally unacceptable. I would respectfully urge you to reconsider the premise of your game.  After all, if it's not okay to kill for sport in real life, then why is it okay to make such an activity into a game? Alter the gameplay so that you shoot arrows at hunters and poachers instead, and then I would be happy to support it.  :)

NeoCHI

Very nice.   Neat concept

Thanks!

First, let me say that it looks like a quality game! Graphics are excellent. However, I detest hunting and find it morally unacceptable. I would respectfully urge you to reconsider the premise of your game.  After all, if it's not okay to kill for sport in real life, then why is it okay to make such an activity into a game? Alter the gameplay so that you shoot arrows at hunters and poachers instead, and then I would be happy to support it.  :)

Sorry you feel that way and I thought my game would be considered less violent then most games with killing in it.