Error 1009

brandonbbbc

So I'm trying to get my actor to restart the level after colliding with the enemy but every time that happens I get this message saying Error 1009,  after clicking "dismiss all" the message disappears, it's really annoying getting that message and I don't know why it pops up, (it might be something to do with Events) 
And also  after my character loses all his lives he start all over from the title screen but for some  reason you can't start the game, to start the game you have to move the character to this cave I set up, but the main menu always start's up again in a never ending loop (Note, I don't have any events in my title screen,  I only have 1 Behavior that switches to level 1)
I'm new to this Stencyl but I know what to do in some part, step by step instruction will be really helpful

vikingpotato

So for the error, it is most likely happening because you are killing your player actor on collision while there are other behaviours that are still using it (like camera follow).
An easy fix in your case would be to hide sprite of the player actor while the reload happens, but an actual fix would be handling all such cases in their behaviours when you decide to kill an actor.

brandonbbbc

Thanks man it works!, what about the title screen,  it restarts in a never ending loop after the player uses all his lives

brandonbbbc

It turns out that when the player runs out of lives ill keep on restarting until the players get's more lives, I want my actor to start with a fresh batch of lives in the title screen, without the actor having more lives it's going to keep on restarting
the problem is that I don't know how to implement that to my actor
again I need step by step instructions to guide me

Luyren

Why not set the lives count to whatever your player should start with when the title screen loads?
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

brandonbbbc

I don't know how to do that, I'm  new to this

Luyren

On your title scene, place a "when created" event, and set your Lives game attribute to 3 or some value. You must also do the crash courses and read through stencylpedia, which can be found here.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

brandonbbbc

IT WORK!!
Thank you very much, now I'm definitely getting a A in class!