Publishing For Kindle Fire?

designpeg

I've searched the forum, but most answers are pre 2015. Does anyone know if you can test apps/publish to the Amazon store ? i'm considering buying an Kindle Fire as a test device for Android development. Is this a bad idea? can someone suggest a good Android tablet to test against for android releases?  I dont need in app purchases (which i know could be an issue in the amazon market place)

squeeb

I have published to amazon app store before with apk from stencyl.. fire should be fine to test on, not sure how it compares or its limitations vs say a samsung tab or equvillant... amazon doesnt like others inapp processes and want their own implemented if i remember correctly

designpeg

Thanks Squeeb. I've read somewhere that the Fire has 69% of the Android tablet market share in the US, so it seed like a no brainer to test and launch on it if it worked with Stencyl.

squeeb

No problem.
 Something i thought of.. check and make sure the specs and features.. gps, accelometer gyro ect are on the model you select.. the fire hd or newer should be best

designpeg

great advice, thanks.