Cannot test game, throws error on Flash and MacOS

Crovaxus17

I recently upgraded to the latest MacOS and now I cannot test my games on Flash or on Mac. I saw the thread about the "corrupted newgrounds.swf" error, which is what I get when I try to run on Flash... but why can't I build the Mac app either?

It seems my game can be run on HTML5, but for some reason it has always been really buggy on that format, like some crucial scenes in my game (which work perfectly on other formats) are just blank screens... I always figured this was a function of the HTML5 material being in beta and (I hoped) it would be fixed for the official release.

So I guess I have two questions: 1) why is my game not building? (see log attached, just for Mac since I think the flash error is the one discussed in the other post) and 2) Are there any specific things I am supposed to be doing differently to make my game work on HTML5? Any help is much appreciated!

ceosol

This eventually works itself out by playing with different stencyl versions. If you get that newgrounds.swf corruption error, try using an older and newer stencyl version. With my games, going older/newer and cleaning project allows them to run again. Make sure you create a backup copy.

Crovaxus17

Thank you. I'll try an older version (I think I have the newest official release) to see if that makes a difference.

Crovaxus17

Well, it seems like my computer will no longer run any legacy version of Stencyl... I get a generic error message that says "The application 'Stencyl' cannot be opened." :(

Any other suggestions?

ceosol

Right click on it to open for the first time.

Crovaxus17

Yeah, I knew about that problem from before, so I tried that right away. It seems to be something else. And the error message I get is really weird, since it just says "cannot be opened" without any other explanation or anything...

ceosol

Try moving the application out of the folder and back in.