[Solved] Tiles removed leave their collision shapes behind.

Fayabella

I understand that it's supposed to work, but it isn't working. The tiles are created at runtime, so it must be something else.

Fayabella

Here's a video of the problem (attached)

(The world generation takes a while the first try, skip to 0:40)

LIBERADO

In this sample, click on the tiles:

<a href="http://static.stencyl.com/games/39866-0.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://static.stencyl.com/games/39866-0.swf</a>
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

LIBERADO

The tiles are created at runtime, so it must be something else.
You are creating duplicate tiles. Each tile is created more than once in the same position.
This is the cause of your problem. So, check your tile generation code.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:07:04 pm by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Fayabella

I don't know how I fixed it, but somehow it stopped leaving the collisions behind. Thanks for the help, LIBERADO!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:23:25 am by Fayabella »

rob1221

This is fixed since b9977 but anyone on b9300 will have to make sure they remove the tile before adding a new one in the same place.

Fayabella

Is b9977 the 3.5 beta?

rob1221

Yeah.  Currently the build number is 10227 and it's officially being called 4.0 now due to how long it's been since the last public release and the huge amount of changes that have happened since then.

Fayabella

Any idea on when it'll be released to the public?

rob1221

Soon.  There are some things that are worse than the current public build but the public build's problems are also getting worse as time goes on and other things devs use (Xcode, OS, Java) are updated.

Fayabella

Sweet. Can't wait to see what new stuff is added.

Is there any place I can see what's coming or do I have to wait until it's released?

rob1221

There hasn't been a summary of the changes posted yet.  You could check the issue tracker or Stencyl's Github page but it's a lot of look through if you just want a summary.

gabko

I had the same problem with removing tile collision shapes. Creating the tiles at runtime did solve the problem. Thanks a lot!  :D

(Though it would be convinient if they simply disappeared when a tile is being removed).