[iOS] Catapult Game crashes in simulator or device [USER ERROR?]

8bitwit

I was trying to make my younger sis a quick Angry Birds clone starring her for a Christmas present. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but whenever I test the Catapult game it crashes on occasion after a win (sometimes it will reload the scene, sometimes it will crash). Every time I test it though it crashes eventually.

I've only changed the gravity, a couple of graphics, and the x locations of the sling so far. The crash report is attached.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:32:56 pm by Jon »

Jon

E-mailed you my guess - I haven't hit this before in any game.

8bitwit

Compiling errors with that one

Code: [Select]
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk -L/Applications/StencylWorks/games-ios/Catapult/Build/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Applications/StencylWorks/games-ios/Catapult -F/Applications/StencylWorks/games-ios/Catapult/Build/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Applications/StencylWorks/games-ios/Catapult/Build/AppScaffold.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/AppScaffold.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppScaffold.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -lstdc++ -lxml2 -ObjC -all_load -framework GameKit -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework AVFoundation -framework AudioToolbox -framework OpenAL -lStencyl -framework iAd -o /tmp/AppScaffold.dst/Applications/AppScaffold.app/AppScaffold
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SKPaymentQueue", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libStencyl.a(Game.o)
      objc-class-ref in libStencyl.a(IAPHelper.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SKProductsRequest", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_SKPayment", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

------------------

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Ld /tmp/AppScaffold.dst/Applications/AppScaffold.app/AppScaffold normal i386
(1 failure)

bernard

That is because you are trying to compile a iOS Device project, but Xcode pointing to your simulator. The 2 builds are different and not interchangeable.

So if you export a xcode for sim it cannot be run on device and vice versa.

See this thread:

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,2455.msg35209.html#msg35209

Jon

Yeah, the vast majority of the time, I'll be giving you a simulator build. If you need a device build, let me know.

I'll look into combining the two, once I figure out how. Maybe this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3520977/build-fat-static-library-device-simulator-using-xcode-and-sdk-4

8bitwit

My fault for not making this clear, but the lib-simulator that you sent is causing this when I try to test in the simulator.

Jon

Ah, my fault - it's including the IAP stuff, and that requires a few other changes to get it running. I'll e-mail you the whole folder to replace instead.

Edit: Resolving in private. Possible user error.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:33:22 pm by Jon »