[CLOSED] Errors when trying to compile.

ichimitch

  • Posts: 73
Previously I have only tested in Flash and HTML5. I'm now developing a game for Android so wanted to test on Android.
- Stencyl version is 4.0.2 (b10468)
- I downloaded the Android Tools using Stencyl's built in function
- I downloaded and installed the latest JDK from Oracle's website
- I downloaded and installed the OEM driver to connect my phone to PC via USB
- I enabled USB Debugging in the developer options in my phone.
- I connect the phone, selected Android from the test drop down menu and then clicked test.

I've attached screenshots and my logs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

So it turns out that this error is not just an issue with compiling for Android as I thought it was...  I'm getting this error if I try to compile for any platform at all... Even Flash.

However, this problem only started once I installed Android Tools. With that in mind, and as the error seems to be Java related (not that I know how to interpret the error details), I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling different JDK versions. I've tried JDK 13.0.2, 11.0.6 and 8u241. I rebooted after each new install. The error remains :(


« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:49:39 am by ichimitch »

Luyren

  • *
  • Posts: 2719
You could try reinstalling the JDK.
Also, try this: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,59903.0.html

That's all I got.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

ichimitch

  • Posts: 73
I've uninstalled/reinstalled several different JDK versions. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Stencyl and that didn't help either.

That link seems to be broken. Perhaps the thread was removed.

Who are the Stencyl devs which work on the backend of Stencyl? I'm pretty frustrated at this point... I was just trying to install dependencies but it seems to have broken Stencyl.

I was starting to make big progress and intended to go premium once my first game was ready to publish but if I can't even get it to compile I might have to go back to GDevelop or something... I really like Stencyl because of it's haxe backend and it's drag and drop logic blocks. I feel some loyalty toward the engine and community but I'm at my wits' end with this.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:13:22 am by ichimitch »

ichimitch

  • Posts: 73
Update:

I am able now to compile again for Flash, HTML5, Windows and Cppia.

For anyone else who lands on this thread because they're having issues with Stencyl (in Windows): It is not enough to simply uninstall and reinstall Stencyl. Instead you must first uninstall, then head to C:\users\(your user)\AppData\Roaming\ and delete the Stencyl folder from there as well. Then reinstall. Obviously, back up your work first.

Stencyl is accepting my current JDK installation without any issues. Therefore the problem must have been the Android NDK & SDK, and now that those dependancies are absent compiling is working again.

I've just reinstalled Android NDK & SDK and it didn't break Stencyl this time. However compiling for Android still doesn't work. I will close this thread now and start another because this thread has become about problems compiling at all, rather than for Android specifically.

For anyone who runs into issues compiling across the board after installing Android tools, I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest from my experience is a clean install of Stencyl and install JDK before you install Android NDK, SDK. Not sure if that's what made the difference or not but if you're in the same boat it's worth a try.

To the Stencyl devs: The forum is great for help with using Stencyl to develop games, but not so great when things go wrong with Stencyl itself.. There needs to be a better form of tech. support for such issues IMO. Perhaps a forum moderator could escalate issues to a Tech Support channel if the issue regards Stencyl itself and the forum proves to be insufficient help. I've spent three nights on this issue in which time I've not been able to compile at all and now I've landed back at square one; being able to compile for all but mobile.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:04:21 am by ichimitch »