Stop bouncing when bouncing is set to 0 [Solved]

supremelorax

Greetings,
I am completely fresh to this and sometimes the most simple things become over-complex after hours of trying to figure them out.
I have set up an abacus with 'beads' on it. The beads are set to be pushed either left or right horizontally when pressed which causes them to collide with ones next to them and take them over to the side as well. This works beautifully, although when they hit the other side (which is a tile) they bounce back. This looks pretty cool but I am trying to find a way to stop them from moving as soon as they reach the other side without having to specify a move distance. Is there a simple way to do this? Bouncing is set to 0 but I guess things bounce anyway?
I have attached a screenshot of the blocks I arranged to get the motion.
Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:04:25 pm by supremelorax »

LIBERADO

If you don't want to specify a move distance for each piece, then you have to rely on collisions, and you have to take into account that to many simultaneous collisions can drastically drop down the FPS.
However, Simple Physics can help and may be viable depending on the number of actors colliding.

How many 'beads' does your abacus have?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:06:49 am by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

supremelorax

Thank you for your response.

The abacus has 7 'wires' each with ten beads on it. I might have to use either fixed distance or simple physics; it sure is nice to see them move and bounce just a little like beads. My other thought was trying to affect them with gravity or the like by trying to change their state once colliding or pressed.

LIBERADO

This works on Simple Physics:

supremelorax

It doesn't just work on SimplePhysics. It nearly works on Normal! Maybe with some tweaking I can still get it to work there. Thank you very much. I also appreciate the use of formula and x-center to locate and decide on movement. It is simpler and will make things easy to re-work if I scale up.

LIBERADO

Here you can see that my previous code works on Simple Physics:

<a href="http://static.stencyl.com/games/42271-0.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://static.stencyl.com/games/42271-0.swf</a>