Google Drive - Shared Drive

grove

Having an issue with Stencyl re: Google Drive.

I have my workspace pointed to a folder in "Shared Drives" and that seems fine (and has been for two weeks now). But for some reason Stencyl is filling up "My Drive" with game related materials and then claiming that that drive is full causing Stencyl to be unable to save or test games.

Justin

If you want your workspace to be saved to a cloud backup folder, there are quite a few folders within the workspace that you should exclude to save space. In fact, I would say that everything should be excluded by default. Only include the following folders, and exclude everything else.

1. engine-extensions
2. extensions
3. games
4. prefs

If you want to save even more space, don't even include engine-extensions or extensions. Just download the same extensions on each computer you use.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

grove

How do you tell Stencyl which folders to exclude?

Plus, this doesn't address the problem of Stencyl putting game files in a different drive ("My Drive") to where the rest of the game is stores ("Shared drive" folder).

Justin

I'm not sure what you mean by Stencyl putting files into different drives. If you create a shared drive folder, aren't all files created there still implicitly part of "My Drive"? Otherwise, you could just create a bunch of shared drive folders and have unlimited storage, right?

You don't tell Stencyl anything about excluding folders. You need to tell Google Drive not to backup the folders I mentioned. I know that that was possible with the old "Backup and Sync" application, but that was recently removed and replaced with Google Drive for desktop which has a different set of features. If that's not possible with Google Drive, you'll need to use a different cloud storage application that does allow you to do that.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)