Error while building game - Stencyl version 4.04

milkmandiego

I'm new here so please correct me if I make any mistakes. I was trying to run this small game I made as a flash game but it shows "error encountered while building your game" and "check your logs and post them to the forums" I've checked many other questions similiar to this but couldn't fix it. Help.
Edit : The hard drive I'm using has a 64 bit version of windows 7 while it should be 32 bit. Would this have something to do with it ?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 05:19:25 am by milkmandiego »

Justin

Edit : The hard drive I'm using has a 64 bit version of windows 7 while it should be 32 bit. Would this have something to do with it ?

It's not possible to install 64-bit Windows onto a 32-bit machine, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Since you have a 64-bit Windows OS, you could try running the 64-bit version of Stencyl, though I don't particularly expect that to change anything.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

milkmandiego

Well my cpu is an ancient x86 Intel and the previous owner (sibling) had an amd64 cpu and I'm using it's hard drive and stuff seems to be working..
I've also had problems with some software not working because i hadn't installed it's 64 bit version

Justin

Perhaps you can try running Process Monitor from Sysinternals Suite to try to see if any problems jump out in the logs.

Here's a guide that walks through debugging an issue. https://www.maketecheasier.com/ebug-windows-application-errors-process-monitor/

In your case, you would want to open Process Monitor and filter for events involving "haxelib.exe". Then open Stencyl and try testing a game. If you see any errors involving haxelib in the results, feel free to share the Process Monitor logs with me.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)