My game won't load. I tried cleaning up the cache but it still asks for my logs.

sonichedge12

  • Posts: 8
Title. Logs are attached. Thanks.

Justin

  • *
  • Posts: 4666
Looks like you're running into a problem with the Flash target.

While Flash is sometimes still valuable as a quick testing platform, it's also virtually unusable for publishing at the moment, since web browsers no longer support it, and third-party emulators like ruffle don't fully support the ActionScript 3 language and APIs yet.

Given this, not a lot of resources are devoted to Flash support right now, so if you end up hitting a bug, that's pretty much a show-stopper. I'd suggest just using a different platform for testing, such as HTML5.

---

Having said that, here's the error:
Code: [Select]
Running command: BUILD
 - Running command: haxe Export/flash/haxe/debug.hxml
Error: The input swf Export/flash/obj/assets.swf is corrupted

Perhaps you could try disabling the higher-scale assets in your project and see if that somehow fixes this (assuming you're not actually using higher-resolution scales)?
[Settings] > Web > Settings > Scales: make sure only 1x is checked
[Settings] > Settings > Advanced > Project Scales: make sure only 1x is checked
[Menu Bar] > Tools > Game > Clean Project
[Menu Bar] > Tools > Game > Cleanup Unused Files

Then try testing your game again.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

sonichedge12

  • Posts: 8
I’m not planning on publishing the game on flash but I have been using it for the convenience of testing. Unfortunately HTML5 isn’t working for me either. The loading bar fills up but the game never loads.

Justin

  • *
  • Posts: 4666
Please post the logs from the web developer console inside the web browser when you test the html5 game.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

sonichedge12

  • Posts: 8
I actually just got it to work again. I’m not sure what I did worked but it was either the scaling issue you mentioned or the game didn’t like the extensions I was trying to use. Thanks for the help!