Elemental Clash

Derek

I know there's a thread about this already, but that's for help on a specific aspect of the game. Well, here it is anyways.

Welcome to the official thread of the combat puzzle game, Elemental Clash. As mentioned before, the main objective is to get the various elemental pieces, which are divided up into five elements (the Chinese ones), to destroy one another and gain as much points from it as possible. It's basically a departure from the usual puzzle game format of match three or more of the same piece.
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.

Joe

I'm obviously excited for this game. So you're changing the name? :)

Derek

Actually, Elemental Destruction is the name of the thread based on the current issue I'm having in developing the game (it's basically an exactly what it says on the tin thread name). Right now, I still haven't figured out the slowdown that's preventing me from testing the new attack behavior (more on that on the ED topic thread).

Derek

Currently testing the random block placement. It's not going very hot because the blocks don't spawn in a square by square method and the game board tiles (the left and right borders) are in anti-matter mode according to the pieces. I'll keep trying to see if I can figure it out.

Derek

All that's left is getting so that you go to the high score menu when all the elements are cleared and have your score submitted. Since there's a high score menu, getting this to be implemented will be tricky.

Epic428

One thing that was really annoying with this game was the background for the main menu. My eyes were hurting trying to look at that menu. Another thing, and it may be the fact that I'm on a 46" TV, the elements seem really hard to see the little icons on them. I can only assume that the color represents them appropriately to make it easier to know what I am clicking.

Anyway, from what I have played so far, this game seems like it could become very addicting and fun with a bit more polish to it. And I wish you the best of luck with it!
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Derek

Well, I just recently changed the backgrounds to both the menu and main game.

Derek

And it's officially finished. I thank both blackbishop89 and Joe for the assistance.  ;)

Joe

Derek

Since I had to reupload the game to fix up the high scores, anyone who favored the original is free to relike it (i.e. click the thumbs up button). Is it also possible to have it rejoin the staff picks?