A couple of pre sale questions

0plus1

Hello, I remembered the other day about stencyl and to my surprise you added iOS support! I was making a game in Corona, but as soon as I found out about you I decided to switch but I would like to know if it's possible to rotate a whole layer of a scene?

Also when the other exporters will be finished, will you charge more or the licence I purchase today will be valid also for android exporting?

When testing for iPhone it simply exports to flash, is it possible to have a simulator also on windows?
Is there a simulator on mac or you rely on testing directly on the device also on a mac?

Thank you very much, I really like the way you made your product, especially the ability to write our own obj-c code!

Joe

Welcome to Stencyl!

As rob says, there are some things you can do to simulate a screen rotation. Another alternative is to just rotate all of the Actors instead.

The iStencyl Pro license is for iOS support. Down the road we'll be offering a separate license for Android exporting, but current Pro subscribers will be eligible for a discount.

The iOS Simulator is part of Xcode, which is only available on Macs. You can test on an iOS device using any OS, although Windows and Linux users need to submit an iStencyl game to our StencylBuilder service, which will email back a game that you can load on your device.

Thanks for the compliments! :)

0plus1

So I can completely develop my game on windows then take the files, test it on a mac, build it and be happy? Is this safe or is it better to develop on mac?

Also where exactly are the files stored? Why can't I save them wherever I want?

Thanks

Joe

Yep, you can completely develop your game on Windows, using our StencylBuilder service to test on your device. Some of our flagship iOS games were developed this way.

If you go into your workspace folder and open up the games folder, you'll find a folder with the same name as your game. You can move that over to another computer to continue working on your game. Alternatively, you can use a service like Dropbox to keep your game in sync on multiple computers automatically.

0plus1

Sorry but I didn't understand, if I take the folder and move it dropbox will stencylworks pick up the new folder automatically?

Joe

Sorry but I didn't understand, if I take the folder and move it dropbox will stencylworks pick up the new folder automatically?

Not quite. Dropbox lets you keep a single folder in sync on multiple computers, so you wouldn't ever have to move anything yourself.

Inside your Dropbox folder, you'd create a new folder to act as your StencylWorks workspace. You then tell StencylWorks that you want that new folder to be your workspace. (This has to be done on both computers.)