the way to type text in mobile games

1MrPaul1

I want to make my game compatible with mobile devices, and as I know text drawing slow down games on mobile devices. So, will behavior in this attachment works on iOs, iPhones and iPads?

MacMowl

Did you use 'Label fos iOS' behavior?

1MrPaul1

No, I want to make universal game, in exe, iOs and android formats. Labels as I know, just for iOs. So, I created my own letter mechanics for numbers and text that allows me to present game in 3 languages, English, Spanish and Russian. I just want to know, how texts blocks from math section works in iOs

gplar

As long as you make sure you use the  "anything as text" wrapper you´ll be OK. The print statement prints to the console, so if you want to avoid the iOS label you´ll have to draw your texts. Beware of framerate drop if a lot of other stuff happens in your scene.

Miasmos Games

Labels will come to other technologies that require them, don't worry. Just use labels, they're best for performance, drawing text on iOS can apparently cause up to a 30-40% FPS drop on some devices.

Cupcake Bounce

gplar

@1MrPaul1

BTW. Am a bit intrigued by the letter mechanism you mentioned. Could you elaborate a bit? Does it involve fonts with modded character sets, like I do, or have you found a better way of using national characters?  :)