"New iPad" Support? 4X Graphics?

Dom818

When will Stencyl be able to support this? The "New iPad" (As Apple calls it) has a resolution that is 4 times as large as the original iPads.

Also, will there be an Easy 4X mode for this new iPad? I don't know if it would be possible but I know it would be painful to remake all the levels in one of my games to support this new iPad.

Jon

Yeah, this is going to be painful for end developers, and the right solution is to go with importing @4x when this is supported, but do not do that now.

It'll take some time to get this right. Apps that don't support it will be in about the same boat as what happened in the iPhone 4 transition - they'll still fill out just not look ultra sharp.

Shane74340

When will Stencyl be able to support this? The "New iPad" (As Apple calls it) has a resolution that is 4 times as large as the original iPads.

Yes Stencyl should support before The new iPad releases so developers can take advantage of the HiPPI screen.

Also, oh how many people get this wrong. It's 2 time the original resolution.

1024 x 2 = 2048
768 x 2 = 1536

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:02:22 pm by Shane74340 »

Miasmos Games

Actually techniaclly it's 4 times the original resolution, the lengths are doubled, which leads to a resolution four times the original. ;)

Cupcake Bounce

Jon

Actually, the 4x comes from this.

Original iPhone: 320 x 480
Retina iPhone or Original iPad: 640 x 960
Retina iPad: 1280 x 1920

malospam

Just as there is a change resolution function in games on PC's, is there not an equivalent function in the XCode API to do this so that one can keep a consistent look between different versions of the IPad?
Visit Reddit's Stencyl page and contribute to spread the word about this amazing program!
http://www.reddit.com/r/stencyl

Miasmos Games

I meant as in the actual number of pixels is four times as much :P

Cupcake Bounce