.Wav or .Ogg Vorbis sound formats for Stencyl.

alexsilent

Is it a way to insert other sound formats to Stencyl? Because MP3 kodaks can't create Loop sounds,
just for example like a waterfall sound. Try to find in Google "MP3 seamless loop problem" "MP3 gapless loop"
I can't find any way to make an ideal loop sound with MP3 for waterfalls :<

It's always create a little ugly pause. In all editors (Soundforge, Audacity, Fruity Loops etc) :<

Rexasul

I'm going to do a complete tutorial on this topic some time, but right now I'm a bit tired on the verge of collapse.

Check this out. I've used the same methods to create gapless mp3s that work perfectly in Stencyl (using nothing but the "loop" block).

But to actually answer your question; no, you can only import mp3.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:59:14 am by Rexasul »
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net

Jon

In 2.5, we'll be supporting more formats, but Rex's link is quite interesting. I've added it to the Stencylpedia doc on music.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/115/

Is there a TLDR for that article? It's awfully long. :)

Rexasul

Just finished a small guide that can be found here. I am a horrible teacher, but I guess it could help some people that want it enough.

alexsilent

Just finished a small guide that can be found here. I am a horrible teacher, but I guess it could help some people that want it enough.

WOW! It's AMAZING! Great Thanks to You!! \*O*/
Awesome and very easy guide!

Rexasul

No problem. I take it you got it work and have tested it?

alexsilent

It's worked! It's almost AMAZING!
But there is a very small pause! Very smallest than in other editors.
Thank You so much!

PS In Your lesson, you can skip the launch "cmd.exe".
And enter "c:/mp3/mp3loop.exe YourSoundName.wav" directly the command line.

Jon

I skimmed the article - makes me wonder since the bulk of it is command line, it sounds like someone could easily write a little utility or extension to do the bulk of that part for you.

Rexasul

It's worked! It's almost AMAZING!
But there is a very small pause! Very smallest than in other editors.
Thank You so much!

PS In Your lesson, you can skip the launch "cmd.exe".
And enter "c:/mp3/mp3loop.exe YourSoundName.wav" directly the command line.

The problem could actually be your loop. In my tutorial I say there is a neat trick to it and that I may do a tutorial for it... I probably will, but the general gist of it is this: in your sound editor, duplicate your loop twice so that you have three of them next to each other. Run through the whole track a few times to make sure that they are not audibly clipping and they are looping smoothly. If they're looping nicely, export the 3-loop section as a 16 bit wav (like in the tutorial).

Open a new project in Audacity and import the wav you just made. I don't use Audacity, so I don't know how precise you can be with it, but you will have to select only the second loop out of the 3 that are in the track. This 2nd part is your gapless loop that will loop even with big reverb trails or delays.

I did not know that about the command prompt o_o

I skimmed the article - makes me wonder since the bulk of it is command line, it sounds like someone could easily write a little utility or extension to do the bulk of that part for you.

I could make a batch file and release it as a .txt so people can skim it first and change to .bat  once they realise it's not malicious. That's a bit old school, though. 8)