Allow optional limits on Number attribute values

Joe

It would be useful to allow Behavior developers to optionally set limits when defining Attributes, the same way they can currently set the default value. This would confine user entries on the Actor Editor's Behaviors page in an effort to potentially prevent runtime errors.

E.g., min. value, max. value, whole number restriction

Greg

To piggyback on this - ideally I think it would be good to give us access to check the user input and then allow or deny it based on whatever custom logic we want to provide. 

And to go off topic a bit - it would be really great to allow input into one field to control what happens to other attributes.  For instance if you have a checkbox that says something like "Use Feature X?" and there are 4 other attributes that are really only valid if that first box is checked - it would be cool to make them display only unless the box is checked. 

Epic428

I highly agree with both suggestions here. Especially Greg's second suggestion. One thing I noticed is that when designing behaviors, especially those in the Cutscene pack or the Top Down Shooter kit I started at one point, there can be a lot of options that are dependent on a particular option being selected or not selected. Being able to hide or display these options to the user would make debugging behaviors easier, as well as force the user to fill in only what is absolutely necessary.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Hectate

If you go into the attributes tab (not just looking at them in the palette, but the actual attributes tab beside the palette) can't you fill in a limited set of options to present to the user? I know that I've used this before to present the user with a choice of "UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT" which translated to "0,1,2,3" in the actual behavior.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Greg

Yeah dropdown boxes with predefined choices are available - but I think Fox is thinking more along the lines input where it wouldn't be feasible to create static choices. 

Alexin

A general suggestion, that we spoke of several times before, is to allow the creator of a behavior to customize the configuration page.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com