Bug Issue: Strange Phenomenon Making API Calls using HTML

Pages: 1


  • Level 2 Stencyler
June 30, 2021, 12:26:19 pm
This program makes an API call to a website and parses the data.

The program does not work when parsing the API block "site response" in HTML. However, if I set the "site response" to a text variable, the program is able to parse the data.

Note: I have no issues parsing the data when testing the game in "Windows". This only occurs when testing the game in HTML.

Video: Feel free to fast forward



  • Master Stencyler
  • *
June 30, 2021, 09:17:38 pm
I tested that url on html5 and windows, and I got an identical response both times.

Try opening the developer console in your browser (ctrl + I for Chrome), and check the Console tab for errors, and the Network tab to check what happens with the web request.

Also, try putting a print block at the very top of the "visit URL" wrapper to print the site's response.

Issue updated by Justin - August 10, 2021, 02:49:17 am
  • Status changed from New to Closed

Pages: 1


  • Reported
    June 30, 2021, 12:26:19 pm
  • Updated
    August 10, 2021, 02:49:17 am

  • View Status
  • Type
  • Status
  • Priority
  • Version
  • Fixed in
  • Assigned to
  • Category