Bug Issue: Actors are white boxes on HTML5 and Windows

Pages: 1

daverave1212

• Junior Stencyler
April 23, 2021, 03:31:42 am
Edit: I found out why this occurred and I managed to fix it. On my actor, there was a script block attached to its When Created event that had an empty parameter slot. It had a red incorrect error thingy on it, but the app compiled on all platforms and did not complain about it. I removed that block and everything was fine.

Hello,

I am trying to test my game. I ran it on Flash (Player), Android, HTML5 and Windows.

The game works fine on Flash (Player) and Android.
But on Windows and HTML5, there is a bug with actors. Some actors appear as white squares.

Here is what the game looks like in Flash (good):
Note: You might have to open the image in a new tab to view it at full size.

Here is what the game looks like on Windows (glitched):

What is even stranger is that this seems to be a problem only on certain animations of the actors. Here's what I mean:

In this screenshot, the white box actor is the same actor as the guard with the torch, just different animations:

Note: All my assets are bound to the Main Atlas. This is my only Atlas.
Note: My Stencyl version is 4.0.4.

What I tried:
- I tried to enable/disable all atlases for all scenes.
- I tried to have the Main Atlas bound to all scenes.
- I tried to have the Main Atlas bound only to that scene in the screenshot.
- I cleaned up the project
- I checked the resources folder in the game folder and it looks fine. The assets folder in the games-generated folder in the windows folder also looks fine (for all sizes, e.g. x1, x1.5, x2, etc, the sprites seem to be there).
- I reinstalled Stencyl (latest version)

I don't know what else to try and I am starting to panic since I have been working on this project for months.

I reported this as a bug since I have not been able to find a solution for this or an explanation for why it happens.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:00:22 am by daverave1212 »

Issue updated by daverave1212 - April 23, 2021, 03:32:46 am
  • Issue renamed from "Actors are white boxes on HTML5 and Windo" to "Actors are white boxes on HTML5 and Windows"

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    April 23, 2021, 03:31:42 am
  • Updated
    April 23, 2021, 03:32:46 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    New