Bug Issue: Black screen and crashes on windows

Pages: 1

Charabauer

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
April 27, 2021, 04:55:38 am
Hi, I am getting a black screen when I try to move between scenes. I saw on some forums that drag and drop from the stencyl forge could be the cause. I need this for my game. do you have any sugestions? I am using version 4.0.3

Luyren

• Master Stencyler
April 27, 2021, 11:55:51 am
As a subscriber, you have access to Stencyl's private build (the download link is in the subscribers-only section of the forums). Even ignoring that, you are still one version behind, so I recommend you upgrade.

Stencyl Forge has been discontinued for a while, so I don't recommend you hrab resources from there, as they are nor exactly reliable.

After you upgrade, try to reproduce the issue, and if it still happens, generate and post your logs, as well as explain in more detail your code and what you are doing. For example, the drawing blocks could black out your screen if you draw values at weird positions.

Charabauer

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
April 30, 2021, 04:26:23 am
If I do this will I lose my current content /games I created? Also how do I code drag and drop?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:27:04 am by Charabauer »

Luyren

• Master Stencyler
April 30, 2021, 09:56:52 am
If I do this will I lose my current content /games I created?
No, you won't lose anything. If you are scared of it, you can always make a back up of your games (File > Export Game).

As for your other question, first check if the behaviors "Form Your Library" (click the add behavior button in your actor, select From Your Library and look in there), and see if there's anything that close to what you need. Failing that, make a new thread on the forums.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    April 27, 2021, 04:55:38 am
  • Updated
    April 30, 2021, 09:56:52 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    New