Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - phbickle

Pages: 1
Stencyl Jam 15 / Bubble Pop!
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:18:37 pm »
I present my submission to Stencyl Jame 2015, Bubble Pop! Up on New Grounds now!

A very late start on this project due to other issues has left me with a game I'm fairly proud of yet still disappointed in.  The majority of this project ended up being done over the weekend with very little sleep and other obligations in the way. There's a few minor bugs, the presentation is lacking, but for learning a tool and pumping out something that is fun to play in just a few days, I'm very happy with it! No matter how I end up in the judging, I'm sure I'll go back to this a few days from now and fix up the things that bother me and make a phone version, where it was originally intended to be.

I welcome all feedback and criticism! For those of you much more familiar with Stencyl, I'd love to pick your brains on more efficient ways to do a few areas of the game.

------------------To Be Edited------------------
Its very late now and I need sleep. But I'll be sure to get this up on Stencyl arcade tomorrow. I'll also likely put up the source project for anyone that is interested.

Stencyl Jam 15 / Re: Stencyl Game Jam 15 - FAQ
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:58:42 am »
What timezone will the due date be in? I'm -5GMT (Toronto), so will it be due 11:59PM Monday my time, or 2:59AM Tuesday my time (California 11:59PM)? This matters so i can polish till the last hour before i submit :)

Fixed Bugs (3.x) / Re: Blocks not "snapping" together
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:19:53 am »
Even removing everything piece by piece I cannot get the "exit loop" block to snap it. I just took a different approach to building the function, but this bug is unfortunate.

Fixed Bugs (3.x) / Blocks not "snapping" together
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »
While making a jumping function for a player actor I ran across a bug where I could no longer get code blocks to properly "snap" together. I've had this happen before, but usually it sorted itself with a restart. This time however, I cannot get it to work at all. Even taking apart the code block and putting it in piece by piece, I get to the end and find myself unable to fit the last piece. Perhaps it's just how I have the code blocks set up and something doesn't work, but as far as I can tell it should be fine right now.

(The code block is obviously far from finished)

a screen shot and log are attached to this post.

Pages: 1